Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX Menu lock possible?  (Read 598 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Fuji GFX Menu lock possible?
« on: May 05, 2020, 06:49:55 pm »

Hi all. Stay safe. My wife and I have been going on photo outings to deserted places. I have been using the Gfx 50R. I struggle with the menu system to get the camera set up the way I prefer it. The camera manual does not even have an index! When I think I have the camera set up to my liking, during a long shooting session (like today), I always seem to inadvertently push a button which fouls up my set up. Today, half way through my photo session, I noticed the LCD screen did not show the image I was photographing. It showed a black screen with all kinds of info, but no image. I still finished my photo session, as I usually use the eye level finder. When I got home I scoured the instruction book to see how to bring back the LCD screen image, but could not find it. Accidentally I fixed it with the DISP BACK button. Every photo session I somehow foul up another setting. Here is my question: Is there a "Magic bullet" setting whereas NOTHING WILL CHANGE until the setting is purposely over ridden? Yes, I am a senior, age 83, so go easy on me please. TIA.  ;)
Dave in Nj
www.modernpictorials.com

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Fuji GFX Menu lock possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 10:26:29 pm »

Yes, you can use the LOCK menu option to lock everything. I do this with the GFX100 (which is far worse than my GFX50s in terms of handling and inadvertent settings changes.)

Put the LOCK menu option in your My Menu screen for easy availability, or put it on a function button (I know this works on the 100, not certain on the 50.) You can choose which settings you would like to lock when it's selected.

Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Dave Gurtcheff

Re: Fuji GFX Menu lock possible?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 04:45:58 pm »

Thank you Ken.
Dave  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up