Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Scanner cannot communicate issue  (Read 469 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Epson Scanner cannot communicate issue
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:10:38 pm »

I'm setting up a new V850 scanner and I have  a problem.  Computer cannot communicate with scanner.  See picture. I was having this problem on and off with the V600 and use to have to reinstall the program.  But that doesn;t seem to work with the V850.  The light is green on the scanner and I unlocked it with the two ship switches.  I believe the computer is see the scanner because I have a program that check the status of everything and it see it in the report.  I've tried different USB jacks.  I'm running WIndows 10 64 bit Dell computer.  Thanks for your help.

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at
Re: Epson Scanner cannot communicate issue
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 03:29:17 am »

Hi Alan,

I saw similar problems with a V750 recently. Don't remember what finally worked, but (some of) those steps helped:
  • change USB cable
  • try with Vuescan (has its own driver AFAIK)
  • reinstall V850 driver and Epson Scan

Good luck!

saiguy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 09:11:45 am »

If the V850 came bundled with SilverFast try that. The scanner has to be connected and turned on before SF will recognize it.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 10:14:43 am »

I called Epson in California and got connected to their expert in the Philippines.  He was able to solve my problem.  He had me delete the scanner in Device Manager > Imaging Device.  I then uninstalled the program and installed it again from their website rather than the DVD that came with the unit.  Also, you have to install the USB after the software is loaded  and with the scanner power ON.  Everything working now.  Thanks all.

I do have Silverfast.  It came with the unit.  But I haven't tried it yet.  I'm familiar with Epsonscan having used it before with my V600.  Once I settle in with the V850, I'll give it a shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up