Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image in CR Different in PS???  (Read 996 times)

nkp

Image in CR Different in PS???
« on: April 29, 2020, 02:14:18 pm »

I'm trying to determine what's going on opening a PS 2020 image that was opened from Camera Raw 2020?  The two are different in appearance, and they should be exactly the same.

I'm new to cloud PS (2020) and just started to us it.  I opened a JPG image from Bridge into Camera Raw, made adjustments that yielded a nice image, and then opened the image in Photoshop using the appropriate button at the lower right.

What opens in PS 2020 is very different than what I was viewing in Camera Raw.  It's the correct file; but, it doesn't appear that the adjustments have taken.  (Or something?). I tried saving the file directly to a *.psd and then opened that image in PS (2020).  Again, not the same image.

It's the correct workspace (Adobe RGB (1998)), and the correct bit-depth, etc.  I'm using a BenQ monitor I just purchased, and it's been color managed using the BenQ software.  (Excellent monitor, by the way. SW240.)

What am I missing?  Is there some setting that I've missed that the Camera Raw image and the resulting PS 2020 are so obviously different?   As I indicated, they should be identical.

Any tips that you can offer will be much appreciated.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Image in CR Different in PS???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:27:40 pm »

It would be helpful if you post the following images and screenshots:

- Image in ACR and in PS
- Color settings in PS (Edit -> Color settings)
- Workflow options in ACR (The link at the bottom center)

Pages: [1]   Go Up