Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help identifying a capacitor on a Hy6 Rollei  (Read 679 times)

jing q

• we are super
help identifying a capacitor on a Hy6 Rollei
« on: April 29, 2020, 08:36:48 am »

it's been 6 years since I last visited this site....this virus had my digging up my old cameras so I took out my Hy6, loaded up the battery and 80mm lens, turned it on and autofocused, then heard a "pop!" and a burst of black smoke.

Sigh

So I've two options here- send it to germany for repairs which would probably be difficult due to lockdown restrictions in my country
or fix the faulty part, which based on my experience, wouldn't be too much trouble.

Popped open the handle and sure enough, a nice blown component. I suspect it's an SMD capacitor and it's probably easy to replace, if I actually knew what the rating on this capacitor was.
(attachment in this post)
Trying my luck here, does any Hy6 owner have any spare board lying around which they could use to measure the capacitance of this component? (praying for a miracle...)

thanks in advance!

gebseng

Re: help identifying a capacitor on a Hy6 Rollei
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 08:39:08 am »

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 08:43:01 am »

yup I did,mr Hans Hartje was kind enough to reply me,however I don't think he was very encouraging of me fixing it because I'm sure there are liability issues. but my company has a few engineers who can help me swap out a component, so I thought I'd try that before sending anything out for repairs

the alternative is to put this camera back into the drybox and never touch it agian..

would be a real waste, I was hoping to get this camera started up again because I'm working on an instant film adapter for my hy6 to take some photos

Jan K.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:35:08 am »

If you remove it, isn't it possible to read the component size?

Can't see where you're located, but here's a list of repair shops... https://www.rolleigraphy.org/repair.php

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 01:41:52 am »

Never seen this one before and I applaud your fearless approach but for me the question will still remain - why did it go?  Since you wrote that it auto focused it sounds like you had a lens mounted.  Did the lens take out the camera or was it the camera?
You can check the resistance of the two electromagnets in the lens via the contacts.  I think about 3 ohms is normal but don't quote me - perhaps you can get the factory to supply you that info also if they are helping.   Normally I suggest just sending to the factory since they are still open and normally have pretty fast turnaround but I understand these are not normal times now with the virus.  Good luck!
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up