Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bare Branches  (Read 548 times)

James Clark

Bare Branches
« on: April 28, 2020, 05:36:52 pm »

against a pale cloudy sky.

Rob C

Re: Bare Branches
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 05:46:34 pm »

Nice pictures; I hate running into situations like that: decisions, decisions!

A 6x6 would have resolved it for you. That's why I found them such irresistible cameras. And I was not alone - some choices a guy just doesn't want to have to make...

:-)

Rob

James Clark

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 06:00:40 pm »

Nice pictures; I hate running into situations like that: decisions, decisions!

A 6x6 would have resolved it for you. That's why I found them such irresistible cameras. And I was not alone - some choices a guy just doesn't want to have to make...

Rob

Heh.  A 6x6 would have gotten me this, which I also considered :)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 07:44:05 pm »

Of the first two I prefer the second, as I miss the continuation of the main branch in the first.

But the "6x6" version wins. It has it all.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 05:39:03 am »

Get out of that quarantine, stat! ;)

rabanito

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 07:43:31 am »

But the "6x6" version wins. It has it all.

Agree

francois

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 09:26:49 am »

I agree with the 6x6 being the best, I like it a lot!
Francois

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 10:10:43 am »

As kinda hinted, everbody who likes making snaps should own - and use at least for a while - a traditional Hasselblad. Only a Hasselblad. They were perfectly designed for the purpose. I would love to have one again, but with a 250mm. That would be perfect to meet some of my dreams of a next personal phase. I like dreams. They are often better than the present.

Just watched - yet again - the Rick Stein show on Collioure and the mix of French and Catalan cooking. This, masochistically, after making an indifferent meal of pasta and sauce. Unfortunately, during my last trip to the supermarket, I forgot to buy wine, and today had to make do with a can of beer, which isn't really something I like very much. Finished, I thought I'd check the state of play here on LuLa before finishing off by making a coffee. Oh, I finished varnishing one half of a set of shutters to the terrace this morning. Indeed, masochism.

James Clark

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 10:19:39 am »

As kinda hinted, everbody who likes making snaps should own - and use at least for a while - a traditional Hasselblad. Only a Hasselblad. They were perfectly designed for the purpose. I would love to have one again, but with a 250mm. That would be perfect to meet some of my dreams of a next personal phase. I like dreams. They are often better than the present.

Just watched - yet again - the Rick Stein show on Collioure and the mix of French and Catalan cooking. This, masochistically, after making an indifferent meal of pasta and sauce. Unfortunately, during my last trip to the supermarket, I forgot to buy wine, and today had to make do with a can of beer, which isn't really something I like very much. Finished, I thought I'd check the state of play here on LuLa before finishing off by making a coffee. Oh, I finished varnishing one half of a set of shutters to the terrace this morning. Indeed, masochism.

I don't have a 'blad, traditional or otherwise, but I do love the 1:1 ratio and it's not unusual to have the screen on my digital cameras set to view at 1:1.  It's a very tidy format, and can be perfect for the right wall space

James Clark

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 10:26:05 am »

Get out of that quarantine, stat! ;)
We've been out in fits and starts.  My wife needed a new set of headshots.  And we get to the grocery store with no problem. Made some chile con queso, but not before I played with my food a bit :)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 12:51:30 pm »

"Queso" is great. :)  If I wasn't convinced that all the ingredients were now gone, I'd suggest that it would be a great candidate for light painting.

James Clark

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 01:05:43 pm »

"Queso" is great. :)  If I wasn't convinced that all the ingredients were now gone, I'd suggest that it would be a great candidate for light painting.

Thanks!  It was done with a constant light LED setup, but my kitchen table isn't really light controlled, so I sort of got halfway there.   If i'd really been able to control the light I think the falloff and highlights would have been even richer.

John R

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 02:28:30 pm »

By cropping to 1x1 aspect ration, you have shifted the emphasis more toward the overall circular movement of the the branches. The 2x3 is just as valid with its wonderful open white space to emphasize the free flow of the tree.

JR

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 02:34:25 pm »

By cropping to 1x1 aspect ration, you have shifted the emphasis more toward the overall circular movement of the the branches. The 2x3 is just as valid with its wonderful open white space to emphasize the free flow of the tree.

JR

That's the difference between cropping in the camera and cropping in computers.

;-)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 03:13:40 pm »

Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:00 pm »

I agree with the 6x6 being the best, I like it a lot!
+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up