Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2TB of storage cost?  (Read 2655 times)

greyscale

2TB of storage cost?
« on: April 22, 2020, 10:32:36 pm »

Have about 90GB of images stored locally. Anyone have info regarding the price for a 2TB plan Adobe Cloud storage plan which would include Lightroom? Have searched but all links assume a current plan which I do not have. Some sites quote $200.00 per year???

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: 2TB of storage cost?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:38:07 am »

The plans available for photography can be compared in the following page (this is USA prices)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?promoid=9DJJ4N49&mv=other

You need to choose a basic plan and then add storage, which costs $9.99 per TB per month

Example:

- Lightroom Plan (the cloud app only) with 1 TB storage = $9.99
- Add 1 TB more = $9.99

Total+ $19.98

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 06:19:53 am »

Have about 90GB of images stored locally. Anyone have info regarding the price for a 2TB plan Adobe Cloud storage plan which would include Lightroom? Have searched but all links assume a current plan which I do not have. Some sites quote $200.00 per year???

Why 2TB when you've only 90gb of images? And be very careful which "Lightroom" is in any plan - the so-called "Lightroom Plan" only includes the cloud-dependent "Lightroom" which has fewer and weaker features than the well-established Classic Lightroom which is only in the "Photography Plan".

Is your question more about storage than Lightroom?

greyscale

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:54:21 pm »

John, thanks for the info. The Photography plan is the one I'll signup for. My concern is If one Gb would be enough for not just my presently stored files, but, also future copies, collections etc. Thus the asking about the price for additional storage.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 01:35:52 pm »

A lot depends on what you want to do.

It's important to remember than only originals count against the allowance. So if you sync photos from Classic, those don't count because they are smart previews but do allow you to do rough edits and add captions/titles/ratings/flags on an iPad or phone. But let's say you use LrMobile to take pictures or import photos/videos from the phone, or imagine using a flash card adapter to import raw files from your camera - these are originals and do count. Once you see them in Classic, the originals are safely on your hard drive and you can unsync them which frees up your cloud space allocation. This doesn't work for everyone, and I am always hearing of people travelling with just their iPad, then finding out they need more space, but in most cases it's possible to work with very little cloud space.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 03:24:14 pm »

Why 2TB when you've only 90gb of images? And be very careful which "Lightroom" is in any plan - the so-called "Lightroom Plan" only includes the cloud-dependent "Lightroom" which has fewer and weaker features than the well-established Classic Lightroom which is only in the "Photography Plan".

Is your question more about storage than Lightroom?

I 2nd John here. 1Tb is 11 times your current use and you can always upgrade later, you'll be paying a lot extra for a long time for unused space before you hit the 1Tb barrier unless you plan to radically change your use pretty soon.

Mike

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 12:03:10 am »

For probably less than that once you could buy an external disk (or two)
You have used the term storage several times but haven't mentioned backup.

Have a look at my book Your Digital Legacy for the sum of $5.99 AU (about $4 US)
Might save you in the long run.
Available at AspirationImages.com  under Services / Books.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

greyscale

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 01:37:27 pm »

Thanks for all of the replies. I signed up far the 20gb Photography plan. All my images are stored on a Synology 216+ with a SSD backup drive attached.
 :)

Sebastrue

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 01:03:07 pm »

What is the difference between a photography plan and a non photography plan? Is the quality of photos taken into consideration or what? Or would it be possible to use this cloud to store pictures only? I now have my regular 5GB upload cloud, and I use it for any files, including most of my photos. But sooner or later, I would have to think about bigger storage for all the original photographs I need to keep for the future. I usually store the original RAW files for some months before deleting them. I do that to make sure my customers save their pictures.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:43:20 pm by Sebastrue »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 01:33:49 pm »

What is the difference between a photography plan and a non photography plan? Is the quality of photos taken into consideration or what? Or would it be possible to use this cloud to store pictures only?
No quality difference.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up