Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New website while on lockdown  (Read 350 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
New website while on lockdown
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:12:34 pm »

Like the rest of us i've been sat here on lockdown in sunny Phuket twiddling my thumbs and trying to keep busy. I built myself a sun shade over the fish pond, I built myself a golf net so that I can hit some golf balls in my back garden, then on Sunday I decided to build myself a new website to show off my black and white prints. HERE

Its amazing how quickly that is possible to do here in 2020. The domain name and hosting was completed within an hour or so, I used the same template provider to get the website started that I used for my main website and two days later I have a fully functional website............god knows what I am going to do for the rest of the week  ;D ;D ;D

Neil

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: New website while on lockdown
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 04:24:56 pm »

Like the rest of us i've been sat here on lockdown in sunny Phuket twiddling my thumbs and trying to keep busy. I built myself a sun shade over the fish pond, I built myself a golf net so that I can hit some golf balls in my back garden, then on Sunday I decided to build myself a new website to show off my black and white prints. HERE

Its amazing how quickly that is possible to do here in 2020. The domain name and hosting was completed within an hour or so, I used the same template provider to get the website started that I used for my main website and two days later I have a fully functional website............god knows what I am going to do for the rest of the week  ;D ;D ;D

Neil

Great photos! But let me say that your small, dark gray type on a black background is sort of hard to read.

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 09:18:42 pm »

Great photos! But let me say that your small, dark gray type on a black background is sort of hard to read.
Wow I cant believe I missed that :( Thank you very much for pointing that out for me. Ive sorted it now and after close inspection I can also see some of the images have been over sharpened so currently working on that.
Thanks again for pointing that issue out with the font color and size.
Neil

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:15 pm »

Nice shots, Neil.  Well done. 

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 03:12:34 am »

Good stuff, Neil.

Which templates and which software did you use to design the site?

Jeremy

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 03:41:10 am »

Hay Jeremy it's a wordpress template from Photocrati https://www.photocrati.com/
Very easy to use and there support is also very good. Hell I'm and old roughneck, if I can do it anyone can😁😁😁

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 03:47:40 am »

I think it was called Rangfinder.
 On this site and on my main site I think I used autofocus
Pages: [1]   Go Up