Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 printhead dripping  (Read 351 times)

smikkelmit22

Epson 9900 printhead dripping
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:01:13 pm »

Hi all,

Lately, i'm having a issue the printhead of my epson 9900 drips on paper.

A while ago, i was printing some canvas. I went upstairs to do some other stuff in meantime, when i came back the carriage had a collision with the canvas.

Since, the printhead drips on paper.

The printhead itself still prints a perfect nozzle test. So the nozzles seems to be ok. For that reason i'm hoping not have to replace the printhead.

I did try, carefully, to do the towel trick, in hope there was some dust or something attached to the head. But that didn't seem to work.

Anyone got a idea what might have been damaged here, or any advice?

Thanks much!

tastar

• http://www.tastarsupply.com
Re: Epson 9900 printhead dripping
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 03:43:07 pm »

I would guess that it's a bad damper - the ink is under pressure when printing, and the dampers hold it back and allow it to feed as required. One of the dampers isn't doing it's job in holding back the ink and it's dripping on the canvas as it's printing. And, if you have a good nozzle check, the print head should be fine. If your print head hit the canvas and jammed, it's is lucky that the print head is still in good shape.

BrianWJH

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 05:54:27 pm »

First thing that comes to mind is a possible delamination of the printhead, could you post an image of the full nozzle check.

Brian.

smikkelmit22

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 05:29:21 am »

Hi all,

Thanks for looking in to it.

I would guess that it's a bad damper - the ink is under pressure when printing, and the dampers hold it back and allow it to feed as required. One of the dampers isn't doing it's job in holding back the ink and it's dripping on the canvas as it's printing. And, if you have a good nozzle check, the print head should be fine. If your print head hit the canvas and jammed, it's is lucky that the print head is still in good shape.

Good one, i will order two dampers. Not a bad idea to have them on back up anyway.

First thing that comes to mind is a possible delamination of the printhead, could you post an image of the full nozzle check.

Brian.

I have attached two images, at first the nozzle dind't look so good, but you can see the dripping very well. The second is after cleaning the printer.

There was no dripping after cleaning.However, if i start printing again, it will soon start to drip again :-/.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 08:33:08 am »

It looks good after the clean, I misread your comment first time around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up