Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson SureColor P8000 head cleaning help  (Read 9328 times)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Epson SureColor P8000 head cleaning help
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 04:15:27 pm »

No change from the 2nd clean, sit, and many greyscale patches.  I'm trying to find the single line P8000 flush kit from Inkjet Mall to buy for the next step.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 01:04:48 pm »

I received the cartridge flush kit a couple of days ago and had the chance to use it today. Even though many of you have way more experience with this than me I thought I'd put a few details down for reference.

For the Surecolor wide format printer you have to buy a single cartridge flush kit in parts rather than a kit which is offered for older models.  Still I spoke to Wells at IJM and he had some pointers as well as knowing the parts I needed.  I had originally bought a 350ml Piezoflush bottle and didn't buy any more as he told me it would be enough to charge the 700ml cartridge.  I needed the chip, the cartridge, and a nozzle (which comes with a small syringe) to fit to the cartridge to prime it.

No issues filling and changing the cartridge except that a lot or air had to be pulled out of the cartridge as I was using so little ink.  The original manual cleaning kit came with a large syringe but the tip I needed for pulling air came with a small one.  It would have taken ages to pull the air with the smaller one (took about 8-10 "sucks" to get the ink changed with the bigger one).  The video shows the instructor having to push down on a plastic part to click it in place before installing the chip but this doesn't seem to be necessary now.

Wells suggested either downloading the Adjustment program linked on their website (to 2Manuals.com)  to do a Init Fill (which charges all the inks) or run a grey square to purge the LK I needed to clean.  I started doing that with a 23x23 square on 24 paper, but no sign of the red flush after 6 squares to I bought the adjustment program and ran it (Win only and it gave a install warning which I overrode).  After an interminable fill cycle I ran a nozzle check.  The Piezoflush is very faint and I'm not 100% sure of the result but it looks like it may have improved a little, but the same blank lines may now have some flush lines on them, but are fainter than the other lines.  I ran another square but I'm going to leave it overnight now and check it again tomorrow after a clean.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

deanwork

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 06:42:28 pm »

That’s a good sign If you are seeing something. You may have had air in the line somehow. I would do one or two power pair cleans in maintenance- cleaning- menu. If you see no change stop with the head cleans and run a few more squares of that channel and let sit.

I received the cartridge flush kit a couple of days ago and had the chance to use it today. Even though many of you have way more experience with this than me I thought I'd put a few details down for reference.

For the Surecolor wide format printer you have to buy a single cartridge flush kit in parts rather than a kit which is offered for older models.  Still I spoke to Wells at IJM and he had some pointers as well as knowing the parts I needed.  I had originally bought a 350ml Piezoflush bottle and didn't buy any more as he told me it would be enough to charge the 700ml cartridge.  I needed the chip, the cartridge, and a nozzle (which comes with a small syringe) to fit to the cartridge to prime it.

No issues filling and changing the cartridge except that a lot or air had to be pulled out of the cartridge as I was using so little ink.  The original manual cleaning kit came with a large syringe but the tip I needed for pulling air came with a small one.  It would have taken ages to pull the air with the smaller one (took about 8-10 "sucks" to get the ink changed with the bigger one).  The video shows the instructor having to push down on a plastic part to click it in place before installing the chip but this doesn't seem to be necessary now.

Wells suggested either downloading the Adjustment program linked on their website (to 2Manuals.com)  to do a Init Fill (which charges all the inks) or run a grey square to purge the LK I needed to clean.  I started doing that with a 23x23 square on 24 paper, but no sign of the red flush after 6 squares to I bought the adjustment program and ran it (Win only and it gave a install warning which I overrode).  After an interminable fill cycle I ran a nozzle check.  The Piezoflush is very faint and I'm not 100% sure of the result but it looks like it may have improved a little, but the same blank lines may now have some flush lines on them, but are fainter than the other lines.  I ran another square but I'm going to leave it overnight now and check it again tomorrow after a clean.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 05:31:30 am »

Thanks!  That is in fact what I decided to do for a few days to see if it comes back a little better.  To be honest I'm not sure that it IS much better, so faint it's hard to tell even on heavily processed photo of the check.

I'm switching back to the LK cartridge today which should still allow a good number of clean/square/check combos before LK purges through the line and I see the check for real.  I'm putting in a new LK cartridge too as the old one got down to 10-15% after the last set of squares and then the Inti Fill.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 05:49:00 am »

So no joy with the LK channel.  I purged out the Piezoflush with a couple of gray squares and a clean every day and I can now see clearly what I was afraid of, that while there may have been a very small change the lines that were missing before are still gone.

I have a few non critical prints to make (I'm still not seeing any banding mind you) and will then likely have to make inquires about the one time service option.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 04:33:37 am »

The nozzles got slowly worse and stared banding, with only about 50% of the nozzles firing, but just to close this, the printer is working again after a visit by Epson using their One Time Service
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=130563.0

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 07:41:40 am »

They have changed the print head?
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 09:13:27 am »

You answered my next question. So the one time service call covers the P8000. I saw only the 7900 and 9900 mentioned.
Great news if they cover the P8000. Was it sill $1395?

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 11:34:12 am »

Hi George, yes they replaced the head.  A few more details in the link above.

Hi Dan, this service plan covers the SureColor 44" printers as well as the Stylus Pro 9900, and yes $1395.
https://epson.com/Accessories/Printer-Accessories/One-Time-Service-Plan---EPWPSP1R44/p/EPWPSP1R44
"This plan covers the Epson SureColor P-Series 44-inch or Epson Stylus Pro 9900 Printer for onetime, on-site repair service ... "

This one covers the Surecolor 24" printers or the Stylus Pro 7900 and is $995
https://epson.com/Accessories/Printer-Accessories/One-Time-Service-Plan---EPWPSP1R24/p/EPWPSP1R24
"This plan covers the Epson SureColor P-Series 24-inch or Epson Stylus Pro 7900 Printer for one-time, on-site repair services ... "

When I told them that the LK nozzle was 50% missing there was no further diagnosis.  In fact they didn't even ask I send an image of the nozzle pattern.

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up