Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Brushes Keep Disappearing  (Read 374 times)

gmitchel850

Photoshop Brushes Keep Disappearing
« on: April 16, 2020, 08:32:29 pm »

I drag-and-drop ABR files onto PS in order to load up my large collection of brushes. (143 ABR files.) Photoshop remembers them only for the current session. After I close photoshop, all the work I put into organizing my brush collections is lost. Very frustrating. Anyone have a suggestion on why PS is behaving this way?

Cheers,

Mitch

tsinsf

Re: Photoshop Brushes Keep Disappearing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 01:42:02 pm »

I don't have suggestions for this specific problem, but at times Photoshop can be very buggy. My suggestions are the usual, in order of increasing intervention: 1. Reset Preferences 2. Uninstall Photoshop and reinstall 3. Try to get rid of all Photoshop files hidden around your computer. This can be very difficult. Adobe Cleaner Tool may be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/ua/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
You can also try various other "cleaner software", like App Cleaner and Uninstaller. Then reinstall.

I once had a bug that was so persistant that to get rid of it I had to wipe my hardrive clean (to get rid of all hidden Photoshop files) and reinstall all my software. It did solve the Photoshop problem, but was really a drag. I wish Adobe would offer software that would seek out and find all hidden files and get rid of them.

christaelrod

Re: Photoshop Brushes Keep Disappearing
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 09:42:35 am »

I drag-and-drop ABR files onto PS in order to load up my large collection of brushes. (143 ABR files.) Photoshop remembers them only for the current session. After I close photoshop, all the work I put into organizing my brush collections is lost. Very frustrating. Anyone have a suggestion on why PS is behaving this way?

Cheers,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Try these steps given in the article. Hope it might solve your issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up