Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pink Moon pano  (Read 441 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Pink Moon pano
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:44:27 pm »

I stitched together this pano in Lightroom recently. The photos are from full Pink Moon moonrise last week.
The mountain in the middle is called Tomichi Dome and the one on the right is Mt. Ouray (pronounced yoo-ray) which is just 40' or so shy of being a 14er.
For fresh air and exercise, I rode my bike the couple of miles to the trailhead and then hiked up a small mountain next to town.
It was a tough day and I lost a longtime friend to COVID-19 that day. I'll always think of Bob and his family when I look back on this photo.

Logged
-MattB

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:36:57 pm »

Absorb the beauty, Matt, and let it cushion the loss.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:55:44 pm »

Pano even better than the original post. Bravo.

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 03:20:58 pm »

Thank you both.
I think I prefer this too. With the 300mm prime it was tough to get the composition I wanted with a single frame. Stitching a few together gave me more leeway to crop the composition I like best without the time pressure of the moon getting higher and brighter as I work it out.
Logged
-MattB

stevenfr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 670
    • Steven Friedman Landscape Photography
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 04:00:27 pm »

Fantastic congrats, sorry for the loss of your friend. Its a tough time. Stay safe.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:25:24 pm by stevenfr »
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 05:16:27 pm »

Well seen Matt and a fitting tribute to your fallen friend.

Isn’t it amazing what tools digital imaging have given us?
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 06:37:27 am »

Love it. It has a becalming effect.

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Pink Moon pano
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 04:34:58 pm »

Thanks for the comments on the photo and my friend. I appreciate it.
Logged
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up