Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GigaPixel AI & Open GL  (Read 678 times)

Garnick

GigaPixel AI & Open GL
« on: April 13, 2020, 03:34:00 pm »

I'm working with a 2012 Mac Pro 5,1, High Sierra (10.13.6) OS. I've recently checked the Topaz site for the Gigapixel AI app what would be required to run it.  I will eventually be upgrading to a Mojave friendly GPU Radeon RX 580 if possible.  That GPU is noted as being the best for Giga AI.  However, it also seems that I would have to install the OpenGL software as well in order to run the app.  My question is - has anyone been able to run Gigapixel AI without the OpenGL software installed?     
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Larry451

Re: GigaPixel AI & Open GL
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:02:14 am »

I'm running gigapixel ai 4.5.0 on a 2015 macbook pro-10.13.6 with radeon R9 m370x 2048mb     It is slow, very slow even with no other programs open.
regards
Larry.

Daverich

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 03:49:03 pm »

It just crawls on my 2013 MacPro “Trashcan” running Mojave as well.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »

+1 very slow
and it makes use of the new CPU's too- still is slow... i have a new 2019 10 core Cpu and a moderate Gpu - ATI radeon 480x
i have tried it and stick with some other ways of enlarging my photos- it brings not much improvement on already good images i find.

We have a problem that we want to look at 100 % images; while we never did or could do that in the analogue days- and never needed to do that.
Even now it only has use up until 4K- beyond that it is print- meaning about 25% is the true enlargement for viewing.

The mobile phones show that at 100% the image may look very bad- still the print looks OK
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up