Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original vs remake  (Read 471 times)

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Original vs remake
« on: April 09, 2020, 01:48:12 pm »

There was a recent Grand Canyon shot here which made look back at my old Grand Canyon pano.
Alas, it was nowhere to be found, and I also recently deleted some really old backups so no hope there. I could only find a small jpeg on my site. Fortunately my original files are still available so I went through creating another pano, some 7+ years later now. Different software (initially went through PTGui this time instead of Photoshop). Technically I think it's clearly better but the mood was just not the same; I further played with individual colors and I think it's significantly closer now.
What do you think?

PS. As a side note PTGui was able to use more of the original shots, even after some subsequent warping in Photoshop

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 2555
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 01:51:59 pm »

the bumped clarity really helped. Nice !
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 02:16:43 pm »

the bumped clarity really helped. Nice !
Yes!
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:36:38 pm »

Thank you! I'm worried it might have too much clarity.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 2555
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 08:52:04 pm »

well. that is for another Havana and rum..... ;D
Logged

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4602
    • Pieter Kers
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 08:37:29 pm »

Remake has much better color and detail. Well done- the clarity -as small as I can see it-  is fine by me...
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 06:44:53 am »

Thumbs up for the new version.
Logged
Francois

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Original vs remake
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 01:11:35 pm »

Thank you.
I have the original version printed 3 feet in length and it looks quite good, there might be something wrong with the jpeg that I have left. Either way, the difference in quality between them is much more than I ever expected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up