Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Pro 20 Glitch In Copy and Apply  (Read 549 times)

JoeKitchen

C1 Pro 20 Glitch In Copy and Apply
« on: April 07, 2020, 09:46:02 am »

If you are working on multiple variants of similar images, like with focus stacking, and have layers added to perform local adjustments, I have noticed an odd glitch. 

Namely, if you copy and paste your adjustments from one to another, then make an adjustment to the initial variant only to copy and paste the adjustments again, the local adjustment layers are doubled.  In all of the variants you applied to, you will end up with the original layers added in the first "copy & apply" plus those same layers again, or any additional layers you may have added, even if you did not make any changes to any layers. 

Is there a fix for this?   
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: C1 Pro 20 Glitch In Copy and Apply
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 08:00:11 pm »

I don't know if it is a Glitch or a structural limitation, but in C1 20 (don't know about previous versions) every time you copy a layer from one image / variant to another it will create a new layer in the destination file.

You can choose what gets copied, including layers, in the Adjustments panel (see attachment).

The current workaround for this issue:

- If you have not modified the layer(s): just uncheck them in the adjustment panel before pasting.
- I you have modified the layer and want to copy the changes: delete the previous layer in the destination images / variants, and then paste.

Attached screen snip of the adjustment panel.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:43:43 pm »

Thanks Francisco.

However in the other versions of C1, if you copied and applied twice, the layers were not duplicated, meaning you did not need to delete the layers in the other variants first; they just were removed/edited with being duplicated. 

If this is how they meant to design C1 v20, I think it is not a good thing.  It makes my work flow much less efficient. 

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 09:07:43 pm »

After checking a few posts in the Capture one forums, it seems that the behaviour was changed in C1 20 due to multiple user request, i.e. people that don't rename layers properly and lose the previous adjustments when copying layers from another image/variant.

They could have implemented a configurable setting in the preferences about how to treat layers with the same name when copying (replace, duplicate) but choose to go the duplicate route.

Another case of infinite wisdom.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:25:19 pm »

Damn!

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 04:57:58 pm »

Actually the problem they were solving was bigger than the naming of layers. In older versions when you pasted layers to a variant it deleted all existing layers and replaced them with those on the clip board. So, the old behaviour was deleting people's adjustments. This current implementation is clearly not optimal for many people but at last they are no longer deleting people's adjustments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up