Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a fight  (Read 730 times)

Neil Williams

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 580
    • Neil's Photography
Looking for a fight
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:54:44 am »

Looking for a fight in the Ngorongoro crater

Neil
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 05:48:57 pm »

I hope you  were in an armored car, ready to make a quick getaway.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:55:28 pm »

Elephants are beutiful and imposing creatures.
I like it very much
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 06:36:53 am »

B&W suits this massive animal fantastical well…
Beautiful shot.
Logged
Francois

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 07:35:05 am »

Perfect in every aspect, especially your use of B/W.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Neil Williams

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 580
    • Neil's Photography
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 07:55:58 am »

Thanks a lot guys for the positive feedback. I really tried hard to process this in color but every time I looked at it in B&W it was so much better.
Thanks again
Neil
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:39:18 pm »

Thanks a lot guys for the positive feedback. I really tried hard to process this in color but every time I looked at it in B&W it was so much better.

Good one.

I've seen precious few shots of elephants that weren't better in B&W.

Jeremy
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 01:09:22 am »

Agreed on elephants and B&W and Ngorogoro is such an amazing place. Great shot!
Logged
-MattB

Neil Williams

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 580
    • Neil's Photography
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 02:16:31 am »

Ive just made a really nice 22x17 inch print of this on some nice Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin........I will get it framed once we all get back to normal and hang it in my living room
Thanks for all the replies

Neil
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 02:50:53 pm »

Good one.

I've seen precious few shots of elephants that weren't better in B&W.

Jeremy
Yesterday I happened on a color photo of three elephants in color. Blah!
Jeremy is right.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Neil Williams

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 580
    • Neil's Photography
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 12:42:04 am »

Good one.

I've seen precious few shots of elephants that weren't better in B&W.

Jeremy
jeremy I think you are correct, but every now and then one just seems to work in color like the one below.


Neil
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 08:28:43 am »

jeremy I think you are correct, but every now and then one just seems to work in color like the one below.

Even that one seems to me to work just as well in B&W, Neil. This was a quick conversion in LR; if it were mine, I'd probably use SFX Pro.

Jeremy

(No offence intended, of course: I'll take it down if you want.)
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 09:09:37 am »

jeremy I think you are correct, but every now and then one just seems to work in color like the one below.


Neil


Reminds me of somebody I almost bumped into at the supermarket this morning, which just serves to shows you the trouble with self-tailored masks.

(I also tried to buy one of those ubiquitous little bottles of 98% alcohol that are usually on sale. Couldn't see a single one and so I approached a young lady in store uniform and asked her where they were shelved. Her big eyes gazed at me over her mask as if I were an idiot straight off the aeroplane: but señor, we have none - they were all sold out weeks ago!

Oh well...)

Rob
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:04:47 am by Rob C »
Logged

Neil Williams

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 580
    • Neil's Photography
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 09:20:57 am »


Reminds me of somebody I almost bumped into at the supermarket this morning, which just serves to shows you the trouble with self-tailored masks.

I also tried to buy one of those ubiquitous little bottles of 98% alcohol that are usually on sale. Couldn't see a single one and so I approached a young lady in store uniform and asked her where they were shelved. Her big eyes gazed at me over her mask as if I were an idiot straight off the aeroplane: but señor, we have none - they were all sold out weeks ago!

Oh well...

Rob
Rob. Did you reply to the correct thread.......if you didn't I have  no idea what you are talking about.
Neil
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: Looking for a fight
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 09:38:13 am »

Rob. Did you reply to the correct thread.......if you didn't I have  no idea what you are talking about.
Neil


Slobodan will explain better than can I.

:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up