Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 520179 times)

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7600 on: October 14, 2020, 07:14:51 pm »


The last photo I saw of Ivanka was at the debate on September 29th, very stylishly dressed.


But like the rest of the Trump entourage was not wearing a mask when seated, unlike everyone else in the hall, in violation of the rules set by the debate sponsors for everyone attending. Rules are for the little people apparently.
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7601 on: October 15, 2020, 03:54:50 am »

The last photo I saw of Ivanka was at the debate on September 29th, very stylishly dressed.

"But this time, Ivanka Trump outdid herself. In a cream blazer, wrap belt, matching business pants, and metallic, gold stilettos, Ivanka Trump looked like a modern-day Ice Queen."

Who ever heard of cream business pants? Usually you save those for attending a royal croquet match. Perhaps they meant business metallic, gold stilettos and just got things turned around. Jared doesn't own any clothes. He's got one black suit, one white shirt, and one black tie. Not good at making decisions I guess.

Is this the summit of your ability to argue about politics? Stuff that is normally, and appropriately, confined to women's fashion pages?

Jeremy
Logged

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7523
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7602 on: October 15, 2020, 04:05:03 am »

If it was such a horror, why are Europeans doing similarly? After all, you'd think they would have learned something by now.

You continue to have a difficulty in understanding things. Europe is now going through the 2nd wave, cases are rising, as expected, from more people circulating around. The US will suffer the 2nd wave too, and seems to be not prepared for it.

What is different from the 1st wave is that we have learned a lot about the disease, so the number of deaths is quite low relative to the number of cases. For example, in Portugal we had 2,072 cases yesterday, and 7 deaths, all people above 70. Also, the majority of cases is in younger people, and/or asymptomatic.

Manoli

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2359
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7603 on: October 15, 2020, 06:48:08 am »

Is this the summit of your ability to argue about politics? Stuff that is normally, and appropriately, confined to women's fashion pages?

Satire, Jeremy, satire.
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7604 on: October 15, 2020, 06:50:43 am »

Is this the summit of your ability to argue about politics? Stuff that is normally, and appropriately, confined to women's fashion pages?

I thought noting that the Trump family treated attending the first Presidential debate as a fashion show was political in nature. We are not use to that here. It causes a fair amount of eye rolling and vote switching among the peasantry, in particular suburban women.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:06:42 am by faberryman »
Logged

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7605 on: October 15, 2020, 07:16:39 am »

I thought noting that the Trump family treated attending the first Presidential debate as a fashion show was political in nature. We are not use to that here. It causes a fair amount of eye rolling and vote switching among the peasantry, in particular suburban women.

That's the problem right there - giving them the vote. They should keep their pretty little noses stuck to the fashion pages.
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Politica
« Reply #7606 on: October 15, 2020, 08:04:08 am »

I think I mentioned that since I began following Brexit my newsfeed has decided I also must be interested in stories about the Royal Family. While reading the coverage of Ivanka’s stunning cream-colored ensemble, I realized that while I knew that Prince Charles likes his underwear folded just so on a chair next to his bath in the morning, I didn’t know if Trump even wears underwear. I mean I wouldn’t put it past him to go commando. Those Brioni suits are supposed to wash up pretty well. Still and all, I think a certain air of mystery about our political leaders is healthy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 08:43:05 am by faberryman »
Logged

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Politica
« Reply #7607 on: October 15, 2020, 08:58:17 am »

I think I mentioned that since I began following Brexit my newsfeed has decided I also must be interested in stories about the Royal Family. While reading the coverage of Ivanka’s stunning cream-colored ensemble, I realized that while I knew that Prince Charles likes his underwear folded just so on a chair next to his bath in the morning, I didn’t know if Trump even wears underwear. I mean I wouldn’t put it past him to go commando. Those Brioni suits are supposed to wash up pretty well. Still and all, I think a certain air of mystery about our political leaders is healthy.

I think that goes under the general heading of "too much information".
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Politica
« Reply #7608 on: October 15, 2020, 09:11:12 am »

I think that goes under the general heading of "too much information".

I thought so too, but these stories keeps showing up in my newsfeed. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I know about Harry and Meghan. I read just the other day that little Archie has taken his first steps. Really brings a tear to your eye. And don't even get me started on the Queen and chocolate biscuit cake. No wonder Prince Phillip lives at Sandringham.

But you Brits know what you are doing. I believe only Boris and Prince Charles caught the coronavirus. Here, everyone within about a two mile radius of the White House has tested positive. Trump reminds me of the Stay Puft marshmallow man in Ghostbusters wreaking havoc wherever he goes. I think he was infecting people in Iowa yesterday. I'm beginning to be afraid that there won't be enough Trump-Vaxx to go around.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 11:00:35 am by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7609 on: October 15, 2020, 09:25:27 am »

It has been disclosed that Barron Trump tested positive for coronavirus too. It's a family affair. The Javankas reported they tested negative on October 2nd, but haven't been seen or heard from since.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/14/melania-trump-says-barron-coronavirus-429478

The last photo I saw of Ivanka was at the debate on September 29th, very stylishly dressed.

"But this time, Ivanka Trump outdid herself. In a cream blazer, wrap belt, matching business pants, and metallic, gold stilettos, Ivanka Trump looked like a modern-day Ice Queen."

Who ever heard of cream business pants? Usually you save those for attending a royal croquet match. Perhaps they meant business metallic, gold stilettos and just got things turned around. Jared doesn't own any clothes. He's got one black suit, one white shirt, and one black tie. Not good at making decisions I guess.
Petty.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7610 on: October 15, 2020, 09:29:56 am »

You continue to have a difficulty in understanding things. Europe is now going through the 2nd wave, cases are rising, as expected, from more people circulating around. The US will suffer the 2nd wave too, and seems to be not prepared for it.

What is different from the 1st wave is that we have learned a lot about the disease, so the number of deaths is quite low relative to the number of cases. For example, in Portugal we had 2,072 cases yesterday, and 7 deaths, all people above 70. Also, the majority of cases is in younger people, and/or asymptomatic.
You're in denial. The chickens in Europe are coming home to roost.

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7611 on: October 15, 2020, 09:45:43 am »

You're in denial. The chickens in Europe are coming home to roost.

What does that actually mean?
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7612 on: October 15, 2020, 10:08:55 am »

What does that actually mean?
It means that Europeans were for the last 6 months laughing at America and castigating our numbers.  So now, Europe's numbers are worse than America's.  I've been saying that we all need a little humility.  Let's wait until this is all over before pointing fingers and scoring who did better.  This disease has a mind of its own and we're like babes in the woods trying to figure it out.  The economies of the world are collapsing. No matter how well a country thinks it's doing, there's nothing to be happy about.  Your secure job and health today may be gone tomorrow.

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7613 on: October 15, 2020, 10:12:39 am »

It means that Europeans were for the last 6 months laughing at America

You said that before and it was a lie last time and it's still a lie.  Nobody laughs about hundreds of thousands losing their lives.
Logged

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7614 on: October 15, 2020, 10:20:03 am »

You continue to have a difficulty in understanding things. Europe is now going through the 2nd wave, cases are rising, as expected, from more people circulating around. The US will suffer the 2nd wave too, and seems to be not prepared for it.

What is different from the 1st wave is that we have learned a lot about the disease, so the number of deaths is quite low relative to the number of cases. For example, in Portugal we had 2,072 cases yesterday, and 7 deaths, all people above 70. Also, the majority of cases is in younger people, and/or asymptomatic.

US: 4% of world's population, 20% of covid deaths. And the best record of controlling covid and deaths? Africa, y'know those sh*thole countries that Orange Oaf likes to disparage.
Logged

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7615 on: October 15, 2020, 10:56:03 am »

You said that before and it was a lie last time and it's still a lie.  Nobody laughs about hundreds of thousands losing their lives.

But Trump sure makes little of it.
Logged

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7616 on: October 15, 2020, 11:01:25 am »

US: 4% of world's population, 20% of covid deaths. And the best record of controlling covid and deaths? Africa, y'know those sh*thole countries that Orange Oaf likes to disparage.

Yes, with all the wealth and money spent on health along with the deep drug development experiences of the USA...you would think they would be the envy of the world on how to deal with the pendemic...but looks like they have become a great example of how to f*ck up the response.

Trump's biggest challenge ( well maybe building that wall was bigger and he failed at that too... ) of his 4 years and he fell flat on his face. Who in their right mind would even consider giving him another chance.
Logged

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7617 on: October 15, 2020, 11:03:47 am »

It means that Europeans were for the last 6 months laughing at America and castigating our numbers.

Nobody is laughing at America.  NOBODY. 

We're appalled and even frightened, but we're definitely not laughing.

Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7618 on: October 15, 2020, 11:26:50 am »

You said that before and it was a lie last time and it's still a lie.  Nobody laughs about hundreds of thousands losing their lives.
Maybe insulting America is a better choice rather than laughing at us.  I stand corrected.

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7619 on: October 15, 2020, 11:36:45 am »

US: 4% of world's population, 20% of covid deaths. And the best record of controlling covid and deaths? Africa, y'know those sh*thole countries that Orange Oaf likes to disparage.

So tell us, who do you count Deaths,or better yet, how do OTHER countries count covid deaths comnpare to the USA?.  Apples to orages comparisons are utterly useless unless you have an agenda to push.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 400   Go Up