Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 208865 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7280 on: September 21, 2020, 03:33:26 am »

Britain says they have to shut down the whole economy again.

Do you have some authority for this absurd contention?

Jeremy

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7281 on: September 21, 2020, 09:20:02 am »

Jeremy
I suppose I shouldn't believe the article since it's from CNN.  Well, anyway:

London (CNN)The number of coronavirus cases in the UK is doubling roughly every seven days, according to the country's chief scientific advisor, Patrick Vallance. If that rate continues to grow unabated, "by mid-October you would end up with something like 50,000 per day," which "could lead to 200 deaths a day" by November, Vallance warned at a Monday press briefing.

"If we don't act, the virus will take off," Vallance's colleague Chris Whitty, the UK's chief medical officer, told the same briefing in Downing Street. "That is the path we are on and if we do not change course, we will find ourselves in a difficult problem."
The advisors' comments have fueled speculation that the government is preparing the ground for a second national lockdown, or other hard measures, in order to get cases back to a sustainable level.
"In ... the next six months, I think we have to realize that we have to take this collectively very seriously," Whitty said, adding that the country had turned a corner "in a bad sense."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/21/uk/uk-coronavirus-second-lockdown-boris-johnson-intl-gbr/index.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7282 on: September 21, 2020, 10:43:29 am »

Here's an article from a US right wing blog:

Farage: ‘Say No!’ to Second National Lockdown, Reject Boris Johnson’s ‘Elective Dictatorship’
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/09/21/farage-say-no-second-national-lockdown-reject-boris-johnsons-elective-dictatorship/

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #7283 on: September 21, 2020, 11:03:40 am »

--
Robert

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #7284 on: September 21, 2020, 01:23:42 pm »

London (CNN)The number of coronavirus cases in the UK is doubling roughly every seven days, according to the country's chief scientific advisor, Patrick Vallance. If that rate continues to grow unabated, "by mid-October you would end up with something like 50,000 per day," which "could lead to 200 deaths a day" by November, Vallance warned at a Monday press briefing.

"If we don't act, the virus will take off," Vallance's colleague Chris Whitty, the UK's chief medical officer, told the same briefing in Downing Street. "That is the path we are on and if we do not change course, we will find ourselves in a difficult problem."
The advisors' comments have fueled speculation that the government is preparing the ground for a second national lockdown, or other hard measures, in order to get cases back to a sustainable level.
"In ... the next six months, I think we have to realize that we have to take this collectively very seriously," Whitty said, adding that the country had turned a corner "in a bad sense."

Or, to put it more concisely, "No".

Nobody has suggested that we "have to shut down the whole economy again"; some are speculating that serious measures might need to be taken. Would it really hurt you so much to establish facts before you post?

Jeremy

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7285 on: September 21, 2020, 02:02:30 pm »

Or, to put it more concisely, "No".

Nobody has suggested that we "have to shut down the whole economy again"; some are speculating that serious measures might need to be taken. Would it really hurt you so much to establish facts before you post?

Jeremy
I didn't make it up.  It's in the news article. 

Quote: "The advisors' (to UK's chief medical officer,) comments have fueled speculation that the government is preparing the ground for a second national lockdown, or other hard measures, in order to get cases back to a sustainable level."

faberryman

« Reply #7286 on: September 21, 2020, 02:48:34 pm »

From the Cambridge Dictionary:

"speculation - the activity of guessing possible answers to a question without having enough information to be certain"

Example:

"The advisors' comments have fueled speculation that the government is preparing the ground for a second national lockdown, or other hard measures, in order to get cases back to a sustainable level."

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7287 on: September 21, 2020, 04:17:29 pm »

From the Cambridge Dictionary:

"speculation - the activity of guessing possible answers to a question without having enough information to be certain"

Example:

"The advisors' comments have fueled speculation that the government is preparing the ground for a second national lockdown, or other hard measures, in order to get cases back to a sustainable level."
The point I'm making is that the Covid situation in BG is getting dire again, enough that there is speculation that they may have to shut down the economy again.  Of course, you can't blame Trump so you don't want to acknowledge that other countries are having big issues with it as well as America.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #7288 on: September 21, 2020, 04:35:08 pm »

The point I'm making is that the Covid situation in BG is getting dire again, enough that there is speculation that they may have to shut down the economy again.  Of course, you can't blame Trump so you don't want to acknowledge that other countries are having big issues with it as well as America.

Where the hell is BG?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7289 on: September 21, 2020, 04:37:09 pm »

Sorry GB.

Manoli

« Reply #7290 on: September 21, 2020, 04:46:52 pm »

I didn't make it up.

Listen snd you’ll have heard it directly from the source.
https://youtu.be/e47dWP-pT_0

faberryman

« Reply #7291 on: September 21, 2020, 04:50:45 pm »

The point I'm making is that the Covid situation in BG is getting dire again, enough that there is speculation that they may have to shut down the economy again.

Try making your point without making stuff up. This is the third time you have done so in the past few days.

Of course, you can't blame Trump so you don't want to acknowledge that other countries are having big issues with it as well as America.

I can and do blame Trump for his sorry ass response to the pandemic.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7292 on: September 21, 2020, 04:56:00 pm »

You can't blame Trump for the problems in Great Britain. Maybe, just maybe, the virus may just be beyond much of our control.

faberryman

« Reply #7293 on: September 21, 2020, 05:02:28 pm »

You can't blame Trump for the problems in Great Britain. Maybe, just maybe, the virus may just be beyond much of our control.
No one has suggested that it is Trump’s fault that GB is experiencing an increase in cases. Make some more stuff up. You are on a roll.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7294 on: September 21, 2020, 05:13:50 pm »

No one has suggested that it is Trump’s fault that GB is experiencing an increase in cases. Make some more stuff up. You are on a roll.
Oh Frank.  Your insistent complaint that I make stuff up is taken out of the phoney CNN fake news playbook of Trump accusations.  I'm quoting a number of different articles and provided the links for all to read.  I'll let readers decide whether I made up those articles. 

TechTalk

« Reply #7295 on: September 21, 2020, 05:31:26 pm »

Taking speculation from an article you've read and then representing that as a statement of fact is at best a false representation of the article or converting real news into fake news if you prefer. Presenting mere assertions and speculation as if they are facts, which don't hold up under scrutiny, seems to become a habit rather easily.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #7296 on: September 21, 2020, 05:54:28 pm »

BBC article from today

"Level 4 paves the way for extra restrictions to be introduced with an announcement expected on Tuesday.

Officials are very aware a fine balance needs to be navigated, which is why a full lockdown is not on the cards.

Downing Street will have to introduce extra restrictions to try to slow down the dramatic resurgence of coronavirus.

You would only have to have dipped into a minute or two of the sober briefing from the government's most senior doctor and scientist on Monday morning to see why.

What is not yet settled however, is exactly what, exactly when, and indeed, exactly where these restrictions will be.

Here's what it is important to know:

The government is not considering a new lockdown across the country right now.

The prime minister is not about to tell everyone to stay at home as he did from the Downing Street desk in March.
Ministers have no intention at all to close schools again.

Nor, right now, are they planning to tell every business, other than the essential, to close again.

What is likely is some kind of extra limits on our huge hospitality sector."

https://www.bbc.com/news/Covid: UK coronavirus alert level moving to 4

faberryman

« Reply #7297 on: September 21, 2020, 05:56:40 pm »

Oh Frank.  Your insistent complaint that I make stuff up is taken out of the phoney CNN fake news playbook of Trump accusations.  I'm quoting a number of different articles and provided the links for all to read.  I'll let readers decide whether I made up those articles.

None of the articles you linked to blamed Trump for the increase in cases in GB.

TechTalk

« Reply #7298 on: September 21, 2020, 06:09:22 pm »

The fake news playbook of Trump and the Trump media world, and echoed by his supporters, is to accuse professional journalists of being "fake news" as cover for generating false claims of their own and pretending they're facts.

And now this extends to scientists and their reports on Covid-19 as the recent HHS scandal involving Michael Caputo and his science adviser revealed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:47:21 pm by TechTalk »

EricV

« Reply #7299 on: September 21, 2020, 07:37:52 pm »

Alan, the article stated:

You stated:

Can you really not see the difference?
For once, can you admit you were wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 400   Go Up