Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 511600 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1800 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:11 pm »

And whom would you hold responsible for 2008 and ruining your life? Cuba? China? Iran?

No one. Stuff happens.

Raul_82

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • My Website
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1801 on: April 17, 2020, 04:20:50 pm »

Cover-19 is clearly a lie. Look at all this healthy people enjoying the moment, breathing on top of the others. Props to the lady wearing the V mask, it's rated N00 but looks cools as hell.
Logged
Cheers,
Raul

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1802 on: April 17, 2020, 04:21:20 pm »


And I hope I didn't imply that you had; I was simply remarking that it is a sad tale of reckless high hopes gone sour.

Yes, most certain. 

Best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1803 on: April 17, 2020, 04:22:48 pm »

Sorry but we retirees had our own ups and down through life and now can sit and reminisce. Don't forget...it is us retires that have the most to lose to this virus while you young punks are out partying on the Florida coast.

Joe, surely you can survive on your cheese for a couple of months.

And the main difference is those downs you had were not forcibly and directly put on by fools that happened to be older.   ;)

And I just had my pipes flushed out this afternoon.  I can only imagine how many more times I would if I survived on cheese alone. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:28:11 pm by JoeKitchen »
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1804 on: April 17, 2020, 04:23:02 pm »

I was interviewed for VOA - Voice of America in Serbian today. Check at 0:24 mark and again at 1:39. In the first part I said I am killing myself of boredom, watching Netflix and playing on the computer. In the second part I said that I do not believe in what the authorities are doing (curfew) and that I had corona in March, but that was not a big deal.

https://www.facebook.com/otvorenistudio/videos/3066259720097143/

I think my skeptical face says it all ;)

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1805 on: April 17, 2020, 04:24:12 pm »

Earlier today Joe K wrote that he is not at risk.  How do you know  that Joe?  You may be at low risk, but I don't know how you can write that you are not at risk.  You could move about, meet people etc, and get it very mildly or asymptomatically, but could still infect.  If you infected someone who later died, I hope you could live with your conscience. 

The risk of infecting others is one concept people in the UK are mostly fully aware so complying with restrictions.  They are also aware of other consequences, e.g. how it will affect future work patterns  with far less travel to work and less pollution.  Also the demise of cash, as we are advised to use contactless cards instead.  We may even hug people less!

Jonathan

Sure, I could be at risk of dying in a car accident, but I dont worry about it. 

Just like I refuse to worry about this, because I have looked at the numbers for both car accident fatalities and how many young people (don’t) die from this. 

I'm all for hugging people less.  And dont get me started on those who prefer to kiss hello. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:59:42 pm by JoeKitchen »
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1806 on: April 17, 2020, 04:32:04 pm »

Recent antibody tests in a Dutch bloodbank suggest that just 3% of the population have had it.

Herd immunity is just a theoretical concept. It's possible that a Covid infection grants no longterm immunity.

Given how little we know about Covid, a policy of creating herd immunity is extremely reckless.

If herd immunity works in humans, how come I am cursed with a semi-cold for almost the entire winter, every winter, and the odd dose of 'flu as well, though touching wood, no 'flu this year yet, probably due to global warming, which may be the first positive thing I have found to think about that? Other than that, my heating bills should recede a bit like my hair. Well, if they receded as much as my hair has I would be delighted.

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1807 on: April 17, 2020, 04:42:48 pm »

Sorry but we retirees had our own ups and down through life and now can sit and reminisce. Don't forget...it is us retires that have the most to lose to this virus while you young punks are out partying on the Florida coast.

Joe, surely you can survive on your cheese for a couple of months.


Are you trying to kill him? That cholesterol bump will do it just as finally as Corinna might.

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1808 on: April 17, 2020, 04:44:49 pm »

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1809 on: April 17, 2020, 04:49:31 pm »

Thank God!

I have now caught up with the end of this shit and believe it gives me the perfect opportunity of cutting loose.

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1810 on: April 17, 2020, 04:50:40 pm »

I was interviewed for VOA - Voice of America in Serbian today. Check at 0:24 mark and again at 1:39. In the first part I said I am killing myself of boredom, watching Netflix and playing on the computer. In the second part I said that I do not believe in what the authorities are doing (curfew) and that I had corona in March, but that was not a big deal.

https://www.facebook.com/otvorenistudio/videos/3066259720097143/

I think my skeptical face says it all ;)

Slobodan, I didn't understand much of what it was you said but loved how you said it.

;-)

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1811 on: April 17, 2020, 04:54:16 pm »

Anyone buy this?

How COVID-19 Has Impacted Media Consumption, by Generation

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/media-consumption-covid-19/
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Chris Kern

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2205
    • Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1812 on: April 17, 2020, 04:59:03 pm »

I was interviewed for VOA - Voice of America

My alma mater, so to speak.  I worked for VOA and its various parent agencies (Congress was always fiddling with our organizational structure) for 38 years.

I think my skeptical face says it all ;)

Actually, your grin reflects the confidence of a COVID-19 survivor who is now in all probability immune to the disease.

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1813 on: April 17, 2020, 05:00:03 pm »

Slobodan, I didn't understand much of what it was you said but loved how you said it.

;-)

Thanks!... I think? (the smiley at the end gives me pause ;) )

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1814 on: April 17, 2020, 05:02:52 pm »

But returning to America, and if it needed liquidity: would it be willing to sell some of that real estate to China or Iran, do, you think?

On the contrary, Trump wanted to increase that real estate by adding Greenland.
Logged

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1815 on: April 17, 2020, 05:09:01 pm »

Trump: "I have total authority"

Governors: "Hell no, we have"

Trump: "OK"

Governors: "Why are you passing the buck to us?"

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1816 on: April 17, 2020, 05:15:02 pm »

Are you kidding?

Maybe.

Then nobody must be talking about it. Black swans?

If you think you are going to die, go to the ER. Or do something on your bucket list.
Remind me not to ask you for medical advice.  :-\

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1817 on: April 17, 2020, 05:25:21 pm »

Alan, if you are referring to the chart I posted - "It's about the spike". Here is the article explaining everything.
https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/not-like-the-flu-not-like-car-crashes-not-like
You explanation is three pages too late.  To present a chart without explaining it is exactly how you can lie with statistics.  In any case, looking at weekly comparisons is game playing.  So we know that with Covid, in NY for example, there were a few weeks that had terrible numbers. It's when death and cases peaked out. What about the rest of the year? No one cares about weekly totals, certainly in the future,  except people who are trying to deceive and make it look worse than other diseases.  The fact is for the season, regular flu is worse.  And the graph should have compared the cumulative totals to make it meaningful.  It it did, it would have looked very different.  Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1818 on: April 17, 2020, 05:25:51 pm »

Remind me not to ask you for medical advice.  :-\

Why not...you don't trust any experts...might as well just ask someone on the net.
Logged

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #1819 on: April 17, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »

You explanation is three pages too late.  To present a chart without explaining it is exactly how you can lie with statistics.  In any case, looking at weekly comparisons is game playing.  So we know that with Covid, in NY for example, there were a few weeks that had terrible numbers. It's when death and cases peaked out. What about the rest of the year? No one cares about weekly totals, certainly in the future,  except people who are trying to deceive and make it look worse than other diseases.  The fact is for the season, regular flu is worse.  And the graph should have compared the cumulative totals to make it meaningful.  It it did, it would have looked very different.  Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Alan...you twist everything you want...but this virus is going to kill more people in the USA in 2 months than the flu did in 6 months...and that is with isolation and distancing. One can only imagine if those acts were not put in place. I know you are one stubborn guy, but I think you are smart and only playing stubborn on the net. If you think its less deadly than the flu...tell me do you hide in your house every year during flu season?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 400   Go Up