You're totally missing my point. I'm not claiming any moral superiority on the part of the Democrats vis a vis Republicans. I'm claiming moral superiority of any number of people, left and right, over the pile of human excrement that is Donald J Trump.
And that would be the Democrats since most of those on the right support Trump. In any case what makes hating Trump morally superior? Get over it, your side lost. Do better next time, if you can.
I'm pointing out to you that, through his actions, Donald Trump is actively and deliberately removing accountability from Democrats, Republicans, and independent oversight and ethics watchdogs. He is purging, largely without regard for party, anyone who would *do their legal and Constitutional duty* to conduct oversight of the executive branch.
He is simply changing the faces, not removing the oversight. Its his legal right and if you guys dont agree, then challenge him. Take him to court. Or win back the White House. Elections have consequences.
Republicans are complicit only in that they keep letting him get away with it because they are afraid of his cultists who themselves place fealty to Trump over their (pathetically thin) understanding of why the American government works.
There goes that moral superiority again. It not a good look James. Anyway. I'll posit tha American goverment hasn't been working well for a long time. Which is yet another reason you complaining loudly about the fact that Trump is President. You are having a Hillary moment here James. Dang those deplorable.
He has argued in open court that he is not subject to investigation (not indictment - investigation) by any authority.
He has blatantly declared that he will not comply with a fully bipartisan oversight of the COVID relief package.
Do you blame him James given the events of the last three years of 'investigations and oversight". You reap what you sow, as he saying goes.
He continues to remove Senate-confirmed individuals and replaced them with "Acting" lapdogs that he places and removes at will, typically when they disagree with him, or perform their function in a manner that prioritizes the interests of the United States or the law above the ever-changing whims of Donald Trump.
Again, all of it is his right as President of the United States. Thats reality. If you don't like it change the rules or vote him out of office this fall. I get it, you hate Trump. I would not go so far and say I hated Obama but I did not like him or his policies. Just like you my recourse was to vote. Bitching won't change a thing. It might make you feel better but thats it.
And you're fine with that.
Yep, and you're fine with hating him and his supporters. Kind of makes it a draw.