Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 209130 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #6780 on: August 07, 2020, 02:38:50 pm »

It seems Biden keeps getting confused.

To you, Biden may seem confused, but the betting markets favor him resolutely over Trump.

British betting and gambling company Ladbrokes Coral Group gives Biden a 61% win-chance and Trump 36%, while New Zealand-based prediction market PredictIt has Biden leading Trump by 59 cents-to-43 cents.

“Biden broke out in the lead on June 1, largely in response to the (coronavirus) pandemic and has maintained that since, but in the last week the race is starting to narrow,” Will Jennings, head of public engagement at PredictIt, told the Reuters Global Markets Forum on Friday. “I would put (a Biden landslide victory) at 30%-40% since there are still three months, and of course, the ‘October surprises’ to come.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-gambling-gmf/betting-markets-favor-biden-over-trump-but-odds-narrow-in-u-s-race-idUSKCN2531XA

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #6781 on: August 07, 2020, 03:30:15 pm »

I'm sorry but I have another gloom and doom article for you, https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/, this time from a Canadian anthropologist. He sees things more bleakly than most people, I suspect, but it's probably a good thing to be aware of the very "bad" if only so that you know what "good" looks like. A safe space alert, Trumpeteers will not like this but you probably already knew that.

Very good. Thanks.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6782 on: August 07, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »

To you, Biden may seem confused, but the betting markets favor him resolutely over Trump.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-gambling-gmf/betting-markets-favor-biden-over-trump-but-odds-narrow-in-u-s-race-idUSKCN2531XA
That doesn't mean he's capable to being an effective US president.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6783 on: August 07, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »

N.Y. Schools Can Reopen, Cuomo Says, in Contrast With Much of U.S.

In a long-awaited announcement, the governor says schools can welcome back students if the rate of infection in their communities remains low.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/07/nyregion/cuomo-schools-reopening.html

faberryman

« Reply #6784 on: August 07, 2020, 04:28:54 pm »

That doesn't mean he's capable to being an effective US president.

Likewise, that doesn't mean he's not capable of being an effective US president.

It just a bunch of people betting on who wins and who loses. People bet on all sorts of things.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6785 on: August 07, 2020, 04:50:28 pm »

Likewise, that doesn't mean he's not capable of being an effective US president.

It just a bunch of people betting on who wins and who loses. People bet on all sorts of things.
The point I was making was despite the fact he's currently the odds favorite, Biden wouldn't make an effective president.  He doesn't have the mental or physical stamina to do the job.  The Democrats have picked a guy who should retire from politics.

faberryman

« Reply #6786 on: August 07, 2020, 05:03:46 pm »

The point I was making was despite the fact he's currently the odds favorite, Biden wouldn't make an effective president.  He doesn't have the mental or physical stamina to do the job.  The Democrats have picked a guy who should retire from politics.

You play the horses. Have you placed a bet?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6787 on: August 07, 2020, 05:04:38 pm »

You play the horses. Have you placed a bet?
Investment bets only.

pschefz

« Reply #6788 on: August 07, 2020, 05:56:12 pm »

Of course Bernie (or lots of other people) would have been a better choice, we all know that but that is not how this country works, otherwise someone like trump would never become president.
It is so scary that you are somehow implying that Trump has been an effective president, and compare (really anyone’s) mental and physical stamina to Trump’s.
You know when he keeps saying what a stable genius he is? That is one of his lies we definitely do not need to fact check.
schefz.com
artloch.com

hogloff

« Reply #6789 on: August 07, 2020, 05:58:53 pm »

Do you consider Trump to be an effective president?

hogloff

« Reply #6790 on: August 07, 2020, 06:02:08 pm »

Of course Bernie (or lots of other people) would have been a better choice, we all know that but that is not how this country works, otherwise someone like trump would never become president.
It is so scary that you are somehow implying that Trump has been an effective president, and compare (really anyone’s) mental and physical stamina to Trump’s.
You know when he keeps saying what a stable genius he is? That is one of his lies we definitely do not need to fact check.

He looked absolutely stupid during that interview where he brought out the graphs. I don't know how the interviewer kept a straight face...I was laughing my head off when I watched the buffoon embarrass himself.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #6791 on: August 07, 2020, 06:03:21 pm »

What is effective, is the foreign interference in US elections.
The complications arise because Russia wants Trump, while Chinese hackers prefer Biden. Any bets whose hackers will prevail?

faberryman

« Reply #6792 on: August 07, 2020, 06:05:39 pm »

Oh no. The dreaded list of Trump's accomplishments.  And you thought the media distorts stuff. They are amateurs compared to Trump supporters.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6793 on: August 07, 2020, 06:11:38 pm »

Better than Biden, yes.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6794 on: August 07, 2020, 06:12:35 pm »

What is effective, is the foreign interference in US elections.
The complications arise because Russia wants Trump, while Chinese hackers prefer Biden. Any bets whose hackers will prevail?
Ukraine?

faberryman

« Reply #6795 on: August 07, 2020, 06:23:56 pm »

Better than Biden, yes.

Coming from you, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

hogloff

« Reply #6796 on: August 07, 2020, 06:35:23 pm »

Better than Biden, yes.

Biden never was president so how do you know. Trump showed the world his skills and has sunk the USA's stature in the eyes of the rest of the world. He's devided the US citizens like no other president. If I was a US citizen, I'd be embarrassed.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #6797 on: August 07, 2020, 06:52:45 pm »

(Trump) Better than Biden, yes.
So out of 300 million people (5 million with Covid) these are your best options?
Maybe you need to relax the laws and bring in outside help (:-)
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

hogloff

« Reply #6798 on: August 07, 2020, 07:07:17 pm »

So out of 300 million people (5 million with Covid) these are your best options?
Maybe you need to relax the laws and bring in outside help (:-)

Or maybe you shouldn't have to be extremely wealthy in order to run for president. The wealthy are out of touch with reality.

faberryman

« Reply #6799 on: August 07, 2020, 07:12:23 pm »

There are not enough competent egomaniacs to go around.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:39:40 am by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 400   Go Up