Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 - New Starwheel Lifters - Are they color coded for right & left?  (Read 352 times)

plasakow

Opened the parts bags today and found a black and a white starwheel lifter. I don't have the right cover off yet but I know that the one on the left I'm replacing is red. 

They look identical but before I put everything back together- does anybody know if these guys are color coded for their respective sides, and if so, which one goes where?

Edit: the original ones on the printer are red (left) and green (duh) and have little right angle arms on the top black plastic that both point forward. The black and white replacement guys don't. They look like the pic below.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:35:23 pm by plasakow »

Ernst Dinkla

Opened the parts bags today and found a black and a white starwheel lifter. I don't have the right cover off yet but I know that the one on the left I'm replacing is red. 

They look identical but before I put everything back together- does anybody know if these guys are color coded for their respective sides, and if so, which one goes where?

Edit: the original ones on the printer are red (left) and green (duh) and have little right angle arms on the top black plastic that both point forward. The black and white replacement guys don't. They look like the pic below.

On my Z3200-PS version 1, the black one is at the right side and white left. But they have the little right angle arms and these both point forward (in the paper transport direction) so make the parts unique per side.  Possible purpose of the arms is to keep the tilt (forward) of the starwheel bar a bit restricted. Maybe HP decided that it wasn't needed after all and in production one plastic injection would be more economic. Edit: checking my abandoned Z3100 for parts, it looks like your replacement parts are Z3100 ones. Whether that makes them less functional is beyond my knowledge but I will replace the right side Z3200 with the Z3100 part here. Another Edit: Z3200 springs are heavier + have an extra winding.

BTW: I noticed that there is an R and L embossed on the resp parts here. I did reply as I was checking the bar anyway. I think the right side spring here no longer rests on the tab it should be on but hits a gear. Not good at all and not easy to replace.

Last Edit: solved it this way for the time being:

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

T
SOLI  AIR
        D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:27:21 am by Ernst Dinkla »

plasakow

Earnst, thanks very much. This is excellent information.

The black and white with the lighter spring matches the HP product pics. I can get green/red ones but it looks like only from Chinese 3rd party suppliers. 

For now, it looks like I can take the black and white gears out of the assembly and use them to replace the green and red ones that I'm pulling out of the printer. Seems like, in my case, this should make the old printer happy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up