Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: National Gallery of Canada - Photograph Collection  (Read 210 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
National Gallery of Canada - Photograph Collection
« on: April 02, 2020, 04:22:32 pm »

I wasn't sure if the Coffee Corner was the appropriate place for this but here it is, https://www.gallery.ca/collection/search-the-collection?f%5B0%5D=field_object_medium%3A4787.

This is a link to the Photography Search page of the National Gallery of Canada. You can simply browse all photos or search by photographer name or time period, etc.. You can also search by medium, painting, print, sculpture, etc., but I to picked photography as a starting point. Site navigation is straightforward.

They have announced that in the following weeks (months) they will be releasing digital content based on their collection, which is large. If you keep checking the web site, they will make announcements if and when.

I think many museums around the world are doing something similar.
--
Robert

Rob C

Re: National Gallery of Canada - Photograph Collection
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 06:07:43 pm »

I wasn't sure if the Coffee Corner was the appropriate place for this but here it is, https://www.gallery.ca/collection/search-the-collection?f%5B0%5D=field_object_medium%3A4787.

This is a link to the Photography Search page of the National Gallery of Canada. You can simply browse all photos or search by photographer name or time period, etc.. You can also search by medium, painting, print, sculpture, etc., but I to picked photography as a starting point. Site navigation is straightforward.

They have announced that in the following weeks (months) they will be releasing digital content based on their collection, which is large. If you keep checking the web site, they will make announcements if and when.

I think many museums around the world are doing something similar.

On france24.com they mentioned that you can now get into the same seat as the film critics, and get access to a massive list of movie shorts for free. Unfortunately, I forgot to make a note of the name of the organisation and haven't the patience to look because I'm tired and want to go to bed. I also have a pain in my left eye, and as I had both eyes done for cataracts in August, there should not be a problem today. Frankly, I'm kinda sick of the entire business: Corinna, my eye, my stomach echo-sound test that will probably not come any time soon because everything is on the back burner everywhere because of Dame Corrie. It all fucking sucks. I watched the daily Brit govt. spiel earlier today and marvelled at the total bullshit that spews forth from the triumvirate at the lecterns: they speak with such political conviction that they will get this job done, that they are ahead of the curve, and that all that's needed is tumbling off the production lines as they speak. And incessant praise for the medical world, the shopkeepers, everybody including his wife. Of course those medics deserve praise, but the daily praise is now the daily distraction, the look on the bright side of life shtick. Crap. They are putting champagne corks in the holes of the Titanic. And over here in cyberland we still get Trumpista excuses for the same shit the rest of the world wasn't prepared to handle, but it ain't his fault, no way no how, just an accident of timing that it was on his watch. Never thought a common, grasping politico would become a god.

P.S.

This morning the eye pain has flown.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:06:38 am by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up