Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR vs. iPhoto!  (Read 522 times)

ajz

LR vs. iPhoto!
« on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:28 pm »

I had the pleasure of a loose Thunderbolt cable from my external 3TB photo HD while moving files among different folders in LR 9.1 - Since the HD Photo drive was now "offline" LR moved the photos over to the "Pictures" folder instead of my external Photo drive. All the images are in iPhoto along with their respect various folders, but what will be the best way to remove these photos from iPhoto and bring them back into LR? Use Move? Or use Copy then delete the photos from iPhoto? Going into iPhoto in the Finder does not allow me to see the individual folders.

thanks, again for everyone's help.

thill1111

Re: LR vs. iPhoto!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 04:21:08 pm »

There are ways to see inside the photos library structure from Finder if that's what you are after - see this:  https://osxdaily.com/2017/02/23/where-photos-files-located-mac/

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR vs. iPhoto!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 04:44:13 pm »

I had the pleasure of a loose Thunderbolt cable from my external 3TB photo HD while moving files among different folders in LR 9.1 - Since the HD Photo drive was now "offline" LR moved the photos over to the "Pictures" folder instead of my external Photo drive. All the images are in iPhoto along with their respect various folders, but what will be the best way to remove these photos from iPhoto and bring them back into LR? Use Move? Or use Copy then delete the photos from iPhoto? Going into iPhoto in the Finder does not allow me to see the individual folders.

LR does not do this by itself. You failed to review the import dialog box before pressing the "Import" button.

I don't know enough about iPhoto, or how they got there. But I think you can do something like right clicking the iPhoto library and choosing Show Package. Inside it there's probably a Masters folder, which you can drag out into a normal folder, from which you can import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up