Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has the Trump administration withheld information to medical providers  (Read 544 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage

Since the discussion on Covid-19 has been locked, presumablely by the author lets ask the question here instead.

Have health care providers been shortchanged, has information that could have helped them prepare been withheld, has the President or his people told experts not to pass on or speak about bad news in regards to the Covid-19 virus?

Some have claimed this is true but at this point no proof to back up this claim has been offered. 

If you have some actual proof to back up these claims please post it.  I've looked with no sucess.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:38:00 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

In another post Armand made this claim:

"CDC had an epidemics emergency center, but guess what, this administration dissolved it."

So I've looked at this to see if its true.  Armand tells me he's in the know about these things and I want to see if thats true.

So I've googled, and I've not found a single post that says that is true.  Someone..please enlighten me.

I do have this, not a right wing source to be sure...as you read be sure to note its was people from the National Security Council not the CDC.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/28/michael-bloomberg/did-donald-trump-fire-pandemic-officials-defund-cd/
Craig Lamson Photo

armand

• Photos

In another post Armand made this claim:

"CDC had an epidemics emergency center, but guess what, this administration dissolved it."

So I've looked at this to see if its true.  Armand tells me he's in the know about these things and I want to see if thats true.

So I've googled, and I've not found a single post that says that is true.  Someone..please enlighten me.

I do have this, not a right wing source to be sure...as you read be sure to note its was people from the National Security Council not the CDC.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/28/michael-bloomberg/did-donald-trump-fire-pandemic-officials-defund-cd/

This is my last reply to you regarding this matter. You should change your search engine, it took me less than 20 sec to find this and there are many references out there, it's really not that hard.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/nsc-pandemic-office-trump-closed/2020/03/13/a70de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

JoeKitchen

This is my last reply to you regarding this matter. You should change your search engine, it took me less than 20 sec to find this and there are many references out there, it's really not that hard.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/nsc-pandemic-office-trump-closed/2020/03/13/a70de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

Sorry, but this article is highly misleading!

Essentially there were three different offices in the White House that dealt with near similar emergency events.  The White House choose to consolidate those into one since there was an extreme amount of overlap. 

This is another fake news piece. 

And if you truly believe this, would he not have gotten rid of Dr. Fauci as well?  But he did not. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Manoli

But this one isn't!
Boys, you both need to get with the program and understand that now is not the time to be point scoring..

Coronavirus frontline NHS doctor reveals patients are dying in agony amid panic in the eyes of hardened medics... and this is just the start

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:57:48 pm by Manoli »

Manoli

... but if you can't give it up
[warning: 90secs]

In Trump's own words

Craig Lamson

As I stated earlier, your ability to read and understand are quite compromised.

I quoted you exactly.  You were quite clear in your claim that the office was CDC.

Then you post a link that states , as my link did, that the office was National Security Council.

This is quite a different situation completely.   What are we to believe? 
Craig Lamson Photo

John Camp

From the posts here, you'd assume that the important thing about the epidemic is to find somebody to blame.

Craig Lamson

From the posts here, you'd assume that the important thing about the epidemic is to find somebody to blame.

That’s what lots of folks have been doing from day one.  There is plenty of blame to go around.  Why don’t we start with China.
Craig Lamson Photo

armand

• Photos

As I stated earlier, your ability to read and understand are quite compromised.

I quoted you exactly.  You were quite clear in your claim that the office was CDC.

Then you post a link that states , as my link did, that the office was National Security Council.

This is quite a different situation completely.   What are we to believe?

It was about the pandemic response team was only coordinating with the CDC. It makes no difference to who it belonged except for you, it was about the idea that there was a specific team for this kind of situation that was dissolved. Of course you will come back with other details to argue about while missing the big picture.
And try not to bother to make comments about my intellectual ability, I doubt you are in a position to prove your superiority in this matter even as I'm sure you think otherwise.
And use quotes if you really want to be accurate:
Do you realize US already had a pandemic response center that was taken down 2 years ago by this administration?
This is what I said.

From your same exact source Armand. 

No, The White House Didn't Disolve Its Pandemic Response ...

Essentially there were three different offices in the White House that dealt with near similar emergency events.  The White House choose to consolidate those into one since there was an extreme amount of overlap. 

This is another fake news piece. 

And if you truly believe this, would he not have gotten rid of Dr. Fauci as well?  But he did not. 

I disagree. Yes, she puts a spin but I could have found other articles, this was the first that came up. I know why they claim they did it, this has been in the news for a while, but something was lost in translation because their response has not been there. Fauci said it would have been nice to still have the old office. Whatever they thought they did, it didn't click.

Enough is enough though, I won't convince you white is white if you think the opposite. I will have only a few more days off before facing the music and this hasn't been very productive.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:58:49 pm by armand »

Craig Lamson

It was about the pandemic response team was only coordinating with the CDC. It makes no difference to who it belonged except for you, it was about the idea that there was a specific team for this kind of situation that was dissolved. Of course you will come back with other details to argue about while missing the big picture.
And try not to bother to make comments about my intellectual ability, I doubt you are in a position to prove your superiority in this matter even as I'm sure you think otherwise.
And use quotes if you really want to be accurate:  This is what I said.

I disagree. Yes, she puts a spin but I could have found other articles, this was the first that came up. I know why they claim they did it, this has been in the news for a while, but something was lost in translation because their response has not been there. Fauci said it would have been nice to still have the old office. Whatever they thought they did, it didn't click.

Enough is enough though, I won't convince you white is white if you think the opposite. I will have only a few more days off before facing the music and this hasn't been very productive.

Doing the backstroke is not a good look for and it’s not the first time.  And no you won’t convince anyone, me included If you continue swimming on your back.
Craig Lamson Photo

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen

I guess if you are bored enough with the lock down you could spend time figuring out who is to blame. Who ever it is history will tell and this is no longer theoretical. It is here and we will all see soon enough. Shit is about to get real. Soon it will be April and this thing could disappear. Just a few more days. If it doesn’t, and I hope it does, then you find out about your state of preparedness. I hope it’s good, you have had months to see what happened in Italy so not like no one knew. After all at least 4 politicians were selling shares way back so they can’t say this is unexpected. Not my clown and not my circus but but this is too potentially too awful to not worry about.

My point is the time for blame is not now. Now is the time for action. Play the blame game after if you are one of the lucky ones who survives and is sorting out the mess after.

I hope it’s not too bad and we are all safe. For my country I’m not filled with confidence.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Craig Lamson

I guess if you are bored enough with the lock down you could spend time figuring out who is to blame. Who ever it is history will tell and this is no longer theoretical. It is here and we will all see soon enough. Shit is about to get real. Soon it will be April and this thing could disappear. Just a few more days. If it doesn’t, and I hope it does, then you find out about your state of preparedness. I hope it’s good, you have had months to see what happened in Italy so not like no one knew. After all at least 4 politicians were selling shares way back so they can’t say this is unexpected. Not my clown and not my circus but but this is too potentially too awful to not worry about.

My point is the time for blame is not now. Now is the time for action. Play the blame game after if you are one of the lucky ones who survives and is sorting out the mess after.

I hope it’s not too bad and we are all safe. For my country I’m not filled with confidence.

We are far from prepared.  No one is/was. Heck we can’t even agree to try and stay shut down to try and limit the thing.  It’s going to get ugly before it gets good and I really hope I’m wrong. But we have what we have and the problems go back decades, not just weeks.

I’m hoping and praying for the best but I have done what I can to prepare for the worst.  I really don’t have any other real choices at this point.

So away we go.  Best to all.
Craig Lamson Photo

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography

The original thread seems to be OK.

BAB

Craig

It’s a good read while your self quarantined, or on the potty but really?

Common sense answers the questions you have.

I’m more inclined to believe that our political arena is going through a major change old ways didn’t, don’t, haven’t, can’t  will never work in today’s world.

Look for the good

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic
Pages: [1]   Go Up