Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silverfast - Lightroom workflow  (Read 1703 times)

alecdann

Silverfast - Lightroom workflow
« on: March 20, 2020, 06:31:31 pm »

I'm using Silverfast Archive Studio for scanning but use Lightroom to catalog my images.  Currently I'm importing the Sliverfast HDR tiff file and the edited tiff file Silverfast HDR generates from the HDR scan into Lighroom.

There's not any way that I can see to open the HDR file in SE HDR 8 again without jumping out to SE HDR 8, locating the file and initiating the edit there. 

It would be a lot nicer to open the file in SE HDR 8 directly out of Lightroom like we can with Photoshop, or when we export to a plug-in.  Is there any way to do this?

Alec

PS: I'm not interested in editing scans in Lightroom.  I'll either edit them in SF HDR 8 or in Photoshop where I can add a Camera Raw layer if I want those tools (keeping all the adjustments in one file rather than spread across LR and PS).   

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Silverfast - Lightroom workflow
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 07:04:51 pm »

If you're on Mac, you can drag the file from Lightroom and drop it on Silverfast in the Dock. You can't do that on Windows because Adobe have failed to implement drag and drop from LR on Windows.

Or look up my OpenDirectly plugin for Lightroom. You can set up one app without buying, and should will open the file itself in Silverfast.

alecdann

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 09:31:13 pm »

Thanks.  Very helpful.

saiguy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 01:00:20 pm »

Sorry I'm coming to this late.

I scan everything in HDR mode. So there is one folder for a small project, or several folders for large project. Name it SF8-HDR.

Then I open them individually in HDR Studio. Do whats needed there and export to a folder named SF8-Developed.
These files I open in PS via Bridge. Do FocusMagic, Neat Image, and any cleanup work needed on layers. Flatten and Save and close the file.

Then I will import those files into LR. I do edit in LR also.

I see no need or use to have the HDR's in LR. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up