Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ‘Social Distancing’ on the District Line  (Read 226 times)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
‘Social Distancing’ on the District Line
« on: March 18, 2020, 05:56:41 pm »

My wife had a one-day follow-up appointment with her ophthalmologist today following cataract surgery.  I drove her down from our home in a small town not far North of Washington, D.C. since we're trying to avoid riding the Washington Metro because of the COVID-19 pandemic.  The doctor's office is in a building in Chevy Chase, Maryland, just a couple of blocks from the boundary between Maryland and the District of Columbia.  That intersection—where Wisconsin Avenue meets Western Avenue—is typically jammed with pedestrians and cars during the middle of the day.  Today, with many of the retail stores and all the restaurants closed (except for carry-out orders) ... well, let's say for the first time ever we had no difficulty whatsoever finding a parking spot on the street.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: ‘Social Distancing’ on the District Line
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:12:33 pm »

My wife had a one-day follow-up appointment with her ophthalmologist today following cataract surgery.  I drove her down from our home in a small town not far North of Washington, D.C. since we're trying to avoid riding the Washington Metro because of the COVID-19 pandemic.  The doctor's office is in a building in Chevy Chase, Maryland, just a couple of blocks from the boundary between Maryland and the District of Columbia.  That intersection—where Wisconsin Avenue meets Western Avenue—is typically jammed with pedestrians and cars during the middle of the day.  Today, with many of the retail stores and all the restaurants closed (except for carry-out orders) ... well, let's say for the first time ever we had no difficulty whatsoever finding a parking spot on the street.

I hope her eye is doing well.  That surgery was a life changer for me.  Got the toric lens and for the first time since I was eight I did not need glasses for distance - need reading glasses but I've been set free.
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up