Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000  (Read 400 times)

JudyKonopka

Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000
« on: March 13, 2020, 09:26:24 am »

Has anyone done a manual cleaning of Canon Pro 200?

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Re: Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 01:12:54 pm »

What do you actually mean by 'Manual cleaning'?

When I had one here I wiped bits down for paper dust, and I removed a head from my iPF8300 to clean it (and waste a stack of ink re-installing it)

Normally by the time a head check print fails it's a clue that a new head is needed soon ,since the Canon printers map out bad nozzles until there is no reserve left.

JudyKonopka

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 11:08:55 am »

What do you actually mean by 'Manual cleaning'?

When I had one here I wiped bits down for paper dust, and I removed a head from my iPF8300 to clean it (and waste a stack of ink re-installing it)

Normally by the time a head check print fails it's a clue that a new head is needed soon ,since the Canon printers map out bad nozzles until there is no reserve left.

I am having problems with it making a straining noise as the printhead movies.  Sometimes, I can also hear a "skip" in the printhead.  I had replaced the printhead twice. Once at my expense, and another from Canon free of charge because of this problem, but the printhead doesn't seem to be the problem. I was wondering if I could clean it like I do my Epson P800. That's all.

vikcious

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 04:24:45 am »

I am having problems with it making a straining noise as the printhead movies.  Sometimes, I can also hear a "skip" in the printhead.  I had replaced the printhead twice. Once at my expense, and another from Canon free of charge because of this problem, but the printhead doesn't seem to be the problem. I was wondering if I could clean it like I do my Epson P800. That's all.

That sounds more like an internal mechanical calibration fault and I have serious doubts a clean would help if not cause more deamge!
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||
Pages: [1]   Go Up