Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next XT Lenses Announced  (Read 1360 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Next XT Lenses Announced
« on: March 11, 2020, 11:51:23 am »

Today Phase One has officially confirmed what we have long suspected will be the next three native lenses for the Phase One XT:
- Rodenstock 50mm
- Rodenstock 90mm
- Mid-Long lens TBA

We will have pre-order forms up on our website in the next day or so, but our sales team can take your pre-order immediately; contact your DT sales person or email info@digitaltransitions.com.

Of course, DT will be at the vanguard of testing these lenses on the XT when they become available, and will have them in our inventory for rentals, trial evaluations, testing, and purchase.

As a reminder, the Phase One XT can also accept any Cambo-mount lens, including Canon lenses, Hassy 500 lenses, Schneider / Phase One / Mamiya lenses, and Schneider/Rodenstock lenses (including TS mounts thereof). However, only with native XT lenses do you get features like lens/movement metadata integration (for automatic corrections in C1), an integrated leaf shutter (sync at 1/1000), and electronic readout of the backs movement in real time. With this announcement the current and immediately forthcoming native XT lenses are as follows: 23mm, 32mm, 50mm, 70mm, 90mm, and a mid-long lens TBA. If you're coming from the world of small-format you can find focal length equivalents here.

Examples of some of the lenses compatible with the XT:
(source).

Thank you to all who completed our Lens Development Priority form; the released lenses are exactly aligned to the requests we received.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:59:34 am by Doug Peterson »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Next XT Lenses Announced
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 06:25:37 pm »

Hi Doug,

It is now possible to convert an existing Arca mount Roddy 90mm to the new P1 mount?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Bernard

Doug Peterson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 08:55:34 pm »

Hi Doug,

It is now possible to convert an existing Arca mount Roddy 90mm to the new P1 mount?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Bernard

Last I heard remounting services won’t be ready until sometime this summer.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 06:51:58 pm »

Last I heard remounting services won’t be ready until sometime this summer.

Thanks!

I would have thought they would have been motivated in bringing existing tech camera users on board faster.

Similarly, any update about the plan to release a camera with tilt capability?

To me that remains a show stopper when looking at a replacement for a Arca.

I guess that P1 is considering the XT more as a replacement to the XF, but still.

Cheers,
Bernard

Doug Peterson

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:34 pm »

Similarly, any update about the plan to release a camera with tilt capability?

To me that remains a show stopper when looking at a replacement for a Arca.

I guess that P1 is considering the XT more as a replacement to the XF, but still.

No update, no.

I think P1 views the XT primarily as a way of offering (most) of the technical advantages of other tech cameras but handles more like the cameras most people are used to, and in a form factor that is more travel/field friendly. Personally, I think they've succeeded at that, but you kind of have to have one in your hands and see various people handle it to see why.

If you're already invested in another tech camera platform, don't mind the several steps involved to capture and correct an image from it, and don't mind the weight/size, then I don't think the XT will necessarily appeal to you. In which case, remounting your Arca lenses into an X-Shutter (when that becomes available sometime this summer) is an option to gain some (but not all) of the XT advantages on the platform you're already using.

Different strokes for different folks.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 04:55:10 am »

If you're already invested in another tech camera platform, don't mind the several steps involved to capture and correct an image from it, and don't mind the weight/size, then I don't think the XT will necessarily appeal to you. In which case, remounting your Arca lenses into an X-Shutter (when that becomes available sometime this summer) is an option to gain some (but not all) of the XT advantages on the platform you're already using.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your answer. If you don't mind to elaborate a bit, it's possible to keep the Arca mount but to replace the copal mechanical shutter by an X-Shutter?

What are the advantages?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 03:36:01 am »

No update, no.

I think P1 views the XT primarily as a way of offering (most) of the technical advantages of other tech cameras but handles more like the cameras most people are used to, and in a form factor that is more travel/field friendly. Personally, I think they've succeeded at that, but you kind of have to have one in your hands and see various people handle it to see why.

Different strokes for different folks.

Hi Doug,

Point is that if a photographer mainly use tilts, than a shift only body makes little sense.

Hasselblad has a long tradition of systems handling both needs simultaneously, but not necessarily very well. Flexbody, Arcbody and HTS

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up