Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Computer  (Read 1661 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Slow Computer
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 02:29:15 pm »

... disabled not dislike Malwarebyte...

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 04:49:20 pm »

I've just been using Windows Defender (and common sense) on my personal computer for a decade or more and have not been infected either.
-MattB

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »

I've just been using Windows Defender (and common sense) on my personal computer for a decade or more and have not been infected either.

Defender may be great.  It's just that Kaspersky has been working for me and I don't want to change horses midstream.  If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 09:49:31 am »

Everything seems to be OK except my computer went to makin me sign in with a password with Microsoft Windows 10 on the desktop.  I don't need password on my home computer.  I just want to be able to use it after I turn it on.  How do I switch back to no password required?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 09:59:55 am »

Everything seems to be OK except my computer went to makin me sign in with a password with Microsoft Windows 10 on the desktop.  I don't need password on my home computer.  I just want to be able to use it after I turn it on.  How do I switch back to no password required?

NY STock Exchange shut down again as DOW drops 1700 points.   What going on where you live?

faberryman

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 11:40:31 am »

NY STock Exchange shut down again as DOW drops 1700 points.   What going on where you live?
Trump's Oval Office address didn't do much to calm things down. After he delivered it, the Dow futures started tanking, and we are seeing the results of that this morning. Did you notice that the UK was exempted from the travel ban? It is probably just a coincidence that Trump has three resorts in the UK and none in the rest of Europe.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 11:52:31 am »

I agree with the "if it ain't broke" approach for the most part. I like Defender because it is free and less intrusive than third party options.
If you want to configue auto login on your pc, try this.
-MattB

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 03:24:38 pm »

Trump's Oval Office address didn't do much to calm things down. After he delivered it, the Dow futures started tanking, and we are seeing the results of that this morning. Did you notice that the UK was exempted from the travel ban? It is probably just a coincidence that Trump has three resorts in the UK and none in the rest of Europe.
Great.  My wife and I were trying to figure out where to go on vacation.   Scotland!  Thanks for the tip.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 10:37:52 am »

Great.  My wife and I were trying to figure out where to go on vacation.   Scotland!  Thanks for the tip.

US residents can come and go to Europe (except those in lockdown), although only back into 13 cities.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Whether specific flights will be cancelled due to low passengers is another thing, although presumably the airline will still be obliged to get you back somehow.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 11:31:42 am »

US residents can come and go to Europe (except those in lockdown), although only back into 13 cities.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Whether specific flights will be cancelled due to low passengers is another thing, although presumably the airline will still be obliged to get you back somehow.
I'll fly on to Spain and stay with Rob.  I'm sure he'll be delighted to have us.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up