Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New LR Catalog Disappeared  (Read 670 times)

saiguy

New LR Catalog Disappeared
« on: March 04, 2020, 11:58:23 am »

Did a photo scanning project of 131 4x6 print scans. All files on an external drive. Created a new LR Catalog for the project, imported the images from the external via "add" method. Took all through the Develop Module. These were all 16 bit TIFF.

Created a folder on my desk top and exported from LR 8 bit JPEG's. Successfully burned a CD for delivery. I believe I backed up the Catalog on closing LR.

Now the new catalog can't be found even when the external HD is mounted.

Anyone have a clue how this could have happened. Running OS High Sierra and LR 2019 CC

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: New LR Catalog Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 08:05:14 am »

Do you mean the catalog or the images within the new catalog?

If it's the catalog itself where did you create it (ie external HD or your computer drivee?).  Either way you could use Finder to locate it and start it up with a double click.

If it's the images that are lost withing the new catalog then there should be a ? next to them and the directory if you created one.  You can right click and chose locate to find them (it opens Finder).

As to why .. not sure.  Did the name of your external HD get changed somehow?

saiguy

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 10:58:12 am »

Thanks Mike.

I have Finder searched my internal & external again. It is not to be found.

Just created a new Cat and imported the same 131 photos via add method. Went into Identity Plate, had my name there already and added Test to the ID plate.

Chose back up when LR next exits. Showed the path would be my user home folder, the only user.  It created a folder named Test and the cat & BU was there, but not in Pictures Folder, where I thought the default location is. Maybe I should have chose Pictures as the place to put it.

This incident in not important. I have delivered the files to my friend. But if he wanted prints from the TIF files I would have lost all the LR Develop work.

Just hoping this will not happen again when doing a larger more important project. Guess I need to be very attentive when creating a new cat.

thanks for your reply,

saiguy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:08:24 am »

Mike, I did not rename my exHD. When opening LR with the option key held, that cat is not on the list. Choosing open recent, or open a different cat it is not there.

Not worth going much further into this. But, I tried to delete the Test Cat from within LR and saw no way to do so. Do you just delete it from your HD and move on???

thanks again,

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 12:27:22 pm »

Well that is puzzling.  Nothing in your Trash by any chance?

I've deleted plenty of small catalogs from trips and do so by deleting the whole folder (in Explorer, or Finder on a Mac)

saiguy

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 07:37:30 pm »

Thanks again Mike.  Nothing in the trash, or anywhere else.

Thanks for the tip on deleting Cat's.

I'll just be very attentive when I create the next new Catalog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up