Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P+ back on XF body  (Read 1097 times)

araucaria

P+ back on XF body
« on: February 18, 2020, 11:15:23 am »

Is it possible to use a p45+ or a p65+ on a XF body? Reading the specs I would say no, but sometimes reality differs from specs, has anyone tried?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: P+ back on XF body
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:22:15 pm »

No only the IQ backs will work. None of the P series will work on the XF.

You would need the old phase DF, DF+ or MAMIYA AFDIII.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

araucaria

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 05:16:13 pm »

Thank you for you answer Paul.

I do have a DF, but I don't really enjoy the body. I like the mamiya RZ with the waist level finder, but it's way too heavy and I want autofocus and metering, so I thought it might be possible to use the XF.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:44:25 pm »

Thank you for you answer Paul.

I do have a DF, but I don't really enjoy the body. I like the mamiya RZ with the waist level finder, but it's way too heavy and I want autofocus and metering, so I thought it might be possible to use the XF.

As indicated above, the XF only accepts IQ1/Credo and more recent.

The P65+ was a stellar back, and still compares very favorably to the best that small format can offer (a tribute to Phase One quality, given the back is 12 years old). But if you want a more modern body you'll need to upgrade it. Contact your local Phase One dealer for pricing to upgrade the P65+ to a more recent back, and to demo the XF which is lightyears beyond the legacy DF platform. If you're in the USA we'd be glad to be that dealer for you; Phase One is our passion.

The View

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 07:26:15 pm »

As indicated above, the XF only accepts IQ1/Credo and more recent.

The P65+ was a stellar back, and still compares very favorably to the best that small format can offer (a tribute to Phase One quality, given the back is 12 years old). But if you want a more modern body you'll need to upgrade it. Contact your local Phase One dealer for pricing to upgrade the P65+ to a more recent back, and to demo the XF which is lightyears beyond the legacy DF platform. If you're in the USA we'd be glad to be that dealer for you; Phase One is our passion.

What's your take on the IQ160 vs the P65+. The P65+, while older, sells at almost the same price as the IQ160. Is there a something special about it?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 09:10:05 pm »

P65 = IQ160.

Same chip, same back, just add the IQ Interface. IQ160 is a better deal has much more to offer with IQ interface.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up