Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GMG ProofMedia premium semiMatte 250 media setting in epson driver  (Read 484 times)

niclas_lindergard

Hi!
 I´m getting a custom profile made for GMG ProofMedia premium semiMatte 250, the guy who will make the profile never heard of the paper.
That paper seems to be made for use in GMG ColorProof software. But i would like to use it like any paper with my normal epson driver printed from ps.
I can´t find anywhere what would be the recommended media setting in the epson driver? Premium semigloss photo paper 250? there is one i can´t find now in the latest driver called something like Proofing paper STD 220-240, that one maybe?
I appreciate any ideas
best Niclas

Lessbones

Re: GMG ProofMedia premium semiMatte 250 media setting in epson driver
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:03:44 pm »

Those settings determine the ink limits for the paper, so it doesn't really matter what you choose as long as you stick with that choice forever afterwards.  I'd probably use the Semigloss 250 or Luster or Epson Semimatte, something like that-- the ink load tolerance for that paper should be similar to Epson papers in that range.  Just make sure you use one that uses the correct black ink and you'll be good to go for an RGB profile.

niclas_lindergard

Re: GMG ProofMedia premium semiMatte 250 media setting in epson driver
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:22:44 pm »

Thanks so much for the answer!
Yes i do understand that it determines ink limits but i was unsure how much that would affect the profile/result.
epson lustre or semimatte seems good, i´l go for that thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up