Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Turn off Syncing in lightroom classic  (Read 9142 times)

brianrybolt

How to Turn off Syncing in lightroom classic
« on: February 16, 2020, 06:42:00 am »

I want to turn off syncing to the cloud.  I want all my images to live on my computer (mac pro late 2013)  & how do I un-synch my synched photos.  I have tried phoning adobe but they don't answer their phone (UK).

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: How to Turn off Syncing in lightroom classic
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:52:04 am »

You have to logon to your adobe account then under setting tab you can uncheck the box which allows sync which is turned on by default. 

I feel a lot of folks don’t know this is going on. I wasn’t until I saw the notice showing how many images had been syncd to the cloud.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:23:29 am »

I want to turn off syncing to the cloud.  I want all my images to live on my computer (mac pro late 2013)  & how do I un-synch my synched photos.  I have tried phoning adobe but they don't answer their phone (UK).

Assuming you are using only Lightroom Classic, all your images do live on your computer. Syncing doesn't change that.

What syncing does is upload compressed versions of photos that have been added to collections which you have told LR to sync.

If you want to turn off synching, go to the identity plate in the top left of the screen where there's a little drop down. You can pause sync there. Other options are to switch syncing off for those collections, or remove photos from "All Synced Photos" in the Catalog panel. Or you can go into Preferences where there's a nuclear Delete All Synced Data button - but you're better off learning how to use or limit your use of syncing.

brianrybolt

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 09:56:22 am »

Thank you John for your reply.

How do I know if a collection is Synched and how do I un-synch individual photos?  By the way I'm only using Lightroom classic.

Brian

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 10:05:52 am »

The easy way to see synced collections is by clicking the little magnifying else in the filter box at the top of the Collections panel. But there's also a little icon to the left of each collection name.

Individual photos can be unsynced by removing them from All Synced Photos - that's in the Catalog panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up