Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print management software  (Read 2544 times)

jemadsen

Print management software
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:55 am »

Hi
Moving from iMac / LightRoom to Windows PC / Dxo+Nik I have been advised to look at QImage as Print option. Doing the lookout I found two QImages: QImage Ultimate from ddisoftware and QImage One from Binarteam. Not digging too deep they seem quite alike, including advocating the easyness of printing multiple images on one sheet of paper.
I don't need this option, just maximum quality printing of one image per sheet on a Canon PRO-1000, with the possibility of creating presets to enable printing with essential 'a click of a button' - one preset for each size / paper configuration with icc profile from the paper manufacturer (Canson - mostly).
I looked further and found more options for this kind of software:
Mirage from Dinax and a few for Mac only operation, as well as QuadtoneRip for BW only on Epson printers. Of course there is also Canon Print Studio Pro with usefullness limited to the Adobe support crowd, which I am not a member of.
Any recommendations between the two QImages, or any other idea of quality software to solve the problem of easy printing TIFF images on the PRO-1000 printer.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:31:10 am by jemadsen »
Regards
Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Print management software
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 09:58:15 am »

Any recommendations between the two QImages, or any other idea of quality software to solve the problem of easy printing TIFF images on the PRO-1000 printer.

Hi,

For only printing, 'Qimage One' by Binartem is all you need. The Ultimate version for Windows platforms also has Raw conversion (with built-in profiles for drones, and other fancy stuff) and image editing, and cataloging capabilities. While it will make life easier with making multiple prints on a sheet or roll, because of its 'nesting' capabilities, it also benefits single prints (e.g. with centering the printable area on the physical paper area you choose). And it also allows making different sized output from the same image source quite easily.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 01:00:16 pm »

'Qimage One' by Binartem (I’m on a Mac) is excellent, especially it’s output sharpening.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

NAwlins_Contrarian

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 05:55:20 pm »

From what I have heard (I do not use Qimage), I suggest you get Qimage Ultimate instead of Qimage One, because more people use Qimage Ultimate, so more people will be able to answer your questions, help you, and offer suggestions. Also, I'm not sure about in Denmark, but in the U.S., Qimage Ultimate costs only $10 more than Qimage One.

The original Qimage was only for Windows, and then a couple of years ago the company that makes it (DDI Software) had another company (Binartem) build Qimage One mostly for Mac OS, so that there would be a Mac version. If you were still on the iMac, then you would have to get Qimage One. But because you are moving to Windows, you can choose any version.

jemadsen

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 08:35:42 am »

Thanks for the replies. A bit funny that the One edition is now available in both Mac OS and Windows version.
I will look closer at the Ultimate version as it is only $10 dollars more. And I will print two images on one sheet of paper as I like panoramas printed on A3+ with two images each 16 x 48 cm / 6.5 x 19 inches.
Regards
Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

aaronchan

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »

Thanks for the replies. A bit funny that the One edition is now available in both Mac OS and Windows version.
I will look closer at the Ultimate version as it is only $10 dollars more. And I will print two images on one sheet of paper as I like panoramas printed on A3+ with two images each 16 x 48 cm / 6.5 x 19 inches.

I own both of them, QI Ultimate and QI1.
If you only need to make prints, get the QI1. It has all the features you need. Proper color management, sharpening, resizing, crop marks, layout...etc.

The biggest difference of QI Ultimate is RAW support. You can load your RAW file into it and make adjustment out from it. So basically it is a RAW convertor as well. Some people likes it alot because you can make a print right away with all the good printing features. I'm not a big fan of it but since my own workstation at my lab is a Windows, that's why I mostly use the QI Ultimate. But on my coworkers Mac, we have QI1.

aaon

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 01:18:25 pm »

I own both of them, QI Ultimate and QI1.
If you only need to make prints, get the QI1. It has all the features you need. Proper color management, sharpening, resizing, crop marks, layout...etc.

The biggest difference of QI Ultimate is RAW support. You can load your RAW file into it and make adjustment out from it. So basically it is a RAW convertor as well. Some people likes it alot because you can make a print right away with all the good printing features. I'm not a big fan of it but since my own workstation at my lab is a Windows, that's why I mostly use the QI Ultimate. But on my coworkers Mac, we have QI1.

aaon

Aaron, has Q1 an interactive log file to repeat jobs done in the past?  I do not need the RAW developer nor image editing of QU but my log file is the main treasure of QU.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

Binartem

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 10:55:00 pm »

Yes, both Qimage Ultimate and Qimage One will automatically log printed jobs which can be retrieved later and reprinted exactly the same.
Binartem, Inc.
ddisoftware, Inc.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 02:41:16 am »

Yes, both Qimage Ultimate and Qimage One will automatically log printed jobs which can be retrieved later and reprinted exactly the same.

Thank you,

How does Q1 cope with the HP Z3200 and Z9+ printer drivers. Windows 10.  The integration of the HP Z printer drivers in QU has not been flawless so far and in my workflow the last step is setting the right choices in the real printer driver again.

Edit: well I checked it in the Q1 demo and no difference there. I stick to Qimage Ultimate to work with.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/SpectralPlots/SpectrumViz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:52:12 am by Ernst Dinkla »

spassig

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 04:25:26 am »

Hi,

For only printing, 'Qimage One' by Binartem is all you need. The Ultimate version for Windows platforms also has Raw conversion (with built-in profiles for drones, and other fancy stuff) and image editing, and cataloging capabilities. While it will make life easier with making multiple prints on a sheet or roll, because of its 'nesting' capabilities, it also benefits single prints (e.g. with centering the printable area on the physical paper area you choose). And it also allows making different sized output from the same image source quite easily.

Cheers,
Bart

macOS X 10.13.6 Qimage doesn't work.
Today I have install Qimage as demo from https://www.binartem.com/qimageone/
When I start Qimage a text message come to modify the printer.
I use Yes.
After that an empty window come.
I use File > Open File(s) and use an JPG.
But nothing happens.
What can be the problem?

Regards

Jochen

spassig

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 09:13:40 am »

Now it run after shut down some other application.
Maybe a conflict with other apps?
I had/ have communication with Binartem.
They write that Qimage "have had a few similar reports the last few days" and will "We should have a new version out today"
I install today in the morning version 2020.104.
Have someone a newer version. I cannot check in demo an update.

Now I see only that Qimage have help for print some different sizes of fotos on one paper.
Is this the only feature to print Qimage vs CaptureOne?

Jochen
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:18:29 am by spassig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up