Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ4 150 now supported li LR Classic 9.2 and ACR  (Read 696 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
IQ4 150 now supported li LR Classic 9.2 and ACR
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:03:43 pm »

Title says it all.  Imported all of my files from the last year so I can finally manage my files in the library. Haven’t tried to process any yet.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:26:18 pm by Wayne Fox »

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: IQ4 150 now supported li LR Classic 8.2 and ACR
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:42:19 pm »

I guess you mean LR 9.2

Did you see the topic about the raw defaults in 9.2??
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: IQ4 150 now supported li LR Classic 8.2 and ACR
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:28:48 pm »

I guess you mean LR 9.2

Did you see the topic about the raw defaults in 9.2??
Thx. Corrected that.

I like the concept of the new defaults but no idea why they didnt add conditional parameters so ISO could still be used

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: IQ4 150 now supported li LR Classic 9.2 and ACR
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:18:44 am »

We (DT) coordinated with Adobe on capturing the required images to implement support for the IQ4 in LightRoom. I still advocate strongly that C1 is the best raw processor on the market, and frankly, with the tools added in 12 and 20, I think everything else is a distant second. BUT we believe in choice for our clients, and LR has some highly useful features C1 does not (e.g. pano stitching), so it made sense for us to spend our time to help make sure it was supported.

Glad its inclusion pleased some on the forum!

The View

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 07:23:59 pm »

Title says it all.  Imported all of my files from the last year so I can finally manage my files in the library. Haven’t tried to process any yet.

May I ask why you are using Lightroom? The top of the line P1 back - why don't you use C1? I am not using Lightroom but C1 for its color and detail renditions - and I'm not even on a P1 back.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 12:17:56 am »

...and LR has some highly useful features C1 does not (e.g. pano stitching)...

I am also mainly using C1 Pro 20 and fully agree it's overall very clearly superior, but a couple of (other) things that LR does better come to mind:
- much faster start up (even with large libraries)
- leveraging not only GPUs but also multi-core CPUs
- automated vertical corrections - a major time saver in LR
- enhanced details
- Sony color profiles

I guess P1 knows about this already, but if they are not please convey that to the team in Denmark Doug. :)

Cheers,
Bernard

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 12:10:37 pm »

I am also mainly using C1 Pro 20 and fully agree it's overall very clearly superior, but a couple of (other) things that LR does better come to mind:
- much faster start up (even with large libraries)
- leveraging not only GPUs but also multi-core CPUs
- automated vertical corrections - a major time saver in LR
- enhanced details
- Sony color profiles

I agree with some of these:
- LR Startup time is often/usually faster.
- Automated Perspective Correction is a great feature. It's not always perfect (nothing "automatic" ever is) but it's way better than not having it. Notably, with a Phase One back C1 does do automatic perspective correction, leveraging the level/pitch/roll metadata embedded by a Phase One back.
- Sony Color profiles: I prefer the ones in C1 on the limited testing I've done. But since color is subjective, I'm glad to agree that they are different and a reasonable person may prefer either.

Efficiency of larger catalogs and workflow tools like Automated Perspective Correction (for cameras that don't embed that metadata) are most certainly the kinds of improvement we have/do advocate for at DT, and I know both of those items are on P1's radar, though I make no specific promises regarding them.

I disagree with theses:
- Leveraging GPU/CPU: My testing shows C1 better leverages all computing resources and, importantly, very heavily benefits from GPU power which is the more modern approach.
- Enhance Details: I am not convinced by this tool, at all. I was initially very enthusiastic about it, since it greatly improves the image within LR. But if you make the direct comparison, most of the time, the LR "Enhance Details" version is still not as naturally and correctly detailed as the native/normal raw processing in C1. Moreover, it adds time, steps, and filesize to the workflow. Adobe just needs to make their normal raw processing better; not rely on the crutch of some separate pipeline of detail enhancement. IF you are limited to using LR then enhance details lets you get more out of that workflow, but I do not see it as a competitive advantage over a C1 workflow. Note that my testing is focused almost exclusively on 100mp and 150mp medium format cameras, so there may be advantages I'm not privvy to with smaller resolution or small-format cameras.

Joe Towner

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 01:39:31 pm »

I gave it a try with some 150mp shots from November.  To me the color is WAY off, but that may be on my end.  Need to reboot & make sure I'm fully up to date.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up