Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rusty at printing - getting started again  (Read 342 times)

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
Rusty at printing - getting started again
« on: February 12, 2020, 11:50:07 am »

Hello LuLa -

I printed back around 2010, and have an Epson 7900 that is in fine working order.  I dropped away from photography and have mostly used the printer for engineering drawings.  Back in the day I learned from LuLa C2P videos (Camera-to-Print), and used Photoshop with Qimage for printing, both of which I still use.  My Photoshop is CS6, LR6.14, and Qimage v2010.210.  Adobe's subscription model chaps the hide of occasional users like me, so whenever I replace a camera, I might switch to Capture One, but not yet.  Enough about me, but I have a photo printing project coming up and have re-joined LuLa for the training videos.

Question:  Years ago, I had followed early C2P videos and Schewe showed Photoshop steps to prepare an image file from screen, which I saved as a Photoshop action and got me 95% the way preparing a soft-proofed image for print.  I've since lost both the downloaded C2P videos and that action forgotten during computer upgrades.  I loved that action and wish that I could re-create it, because recollection would be the shortest learning curve to printing.  Is that old C2P video available?  Getting going more painlessly takes precedent over perfection for this printing project.

BUT... time has moved on... do some people still go LR > PS > Qimage or not?  What is your recommended path for me to get up and running again... without making it a thesis project?  I'll be printing together with a girlfriend for an exhibit of hers, and a smoother process that won't get bogged down is relationally instrumental. 

Thanks so much! - Ralph

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:37:06 pm by reburns »

JeanMichel

Re: Rusty at printing - getting started again
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:46:14 pm »

Yes, they are available. Just go to the main site and go to videos, tutorials.
Pages: [1]   Go Up