Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jenoptik Eyelike MF Scan + Eyelike to Go  (Read 1642 times)

SebastianOakley

Jenoptik Eyelike MF Scan + Eyelike to Go
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:09:15 pm »

Hi All,

First time on the forum since the new paid format, so be gentle.

Last year I picked up a Jenoptik Eyelike MF Scan digital back with Hasselblad v mount off of eBay for a very good price! It is in very good condition and came with all the leads/connections necessary to hook it up to the Horseman Digiflex II, along with the multi-shot cable which I believe is very hard to find, or so I have been told. It appears the system was originally purchased from Robert White as their labels are on the chargers, back etc.

The back also came with the “Eyelike-to-go” system which when plugged into the mains and pressing the button seems to function, but here is my situation; I bought this back and “to-go” system without the original Serial CD for the digital back itself  and without a manual for the Eyelike to-go module, so I can’t test to see if the back or module are fully functional or not.

When the back is plugged into the Eyelike to-go and the “to-go” is plugged into the mains everything lights up as I think it should(Doing this as the replaceable battery is dead), Press “to-go” and I get green lights, digital back has a constant orange light.

Now, this all might sound strange or just gibberish to you all, but I am hoping there are a few on here who still remember using this back and that can help me on my path to getting this back and eyelike to-go module working and taking images again?

Any suggestions are more than welcome, any tips or tricks to get this combination usable are considered, I just want to see if I am able to take images with it and multi-shots.

Regards,

Sebastian

LummiIslander

Re: Jenoptik Eyelike MF Scan + Eyelike to Go
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:49:45 pm »

Sebastian - As it happens, I'm trying to get my eyelike M11 MF back up and running again - its been a few years. In order to get your back setup you really need to have the CD with the sensor data files on it inserted into the computer and up on the desktop when you open the CapturePro software. It is only required on the first use, but the software will not initialize the driver without it.
The only hope I can offer is that you may be able to 'borrow' the files (there are two of them) and rename with the serial number for your back. They need to be on a cd at the root level of the directory to work. The downside to this is that the files are particular to the sensor in your back, so the response may not be exactly the same from sensor to sensor. My guess is that it would be close enough.
Which back do you have? I have files for both an M11 and a M22 back that may work if yours is the same.
As for the eyelike to go kit, as I recall, it was for the early 6.3 mp backs that required a PCI card in the host computer and essentially converted from the oldstyle 2-connector cable to the newer firewire. If your back takes the newer Firewire 400 cable you should be able to plug directly into the firewire system on your computer.

Still going to need those files to get it setup, though. Let me know if I can help.

SebastianOakley

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 04:32:20 am »

Hi, Thank you so much for your reply!

I was begining to thing all might be lost! My back is the 6.3 Megapixel "Eyelike MF Scan" back and came with the eyelike to go kit. The back itself uses the 2-type connectors that then plugs into "to go" kit for the FireWire 400 cable into a Mac etc.

Everything seems to turn on ok, I just need the files as you say to be able to check if I can get it to fire, and of course source a horseman digiflex II body for it, but that's a task for another day.

If you are willing to let me "play" with the files you have I would be greatful, its more than I have to go on now haha.

LummiIslander

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 05:54:25 pm »

Sebastian - I had the MF Scan back a long time ago - it was the first one we had in our studio back in 1999. We also had the eyelike to go kit - it worked well with an older mac G4 setup on system 29. Unfortunately, we sold that back off a long time ago. Now I'm trying to get the eyelike M11 going again and having a few problems.

A couple of questions for you:

Do you have the CapturePro software for the back? I have some older copies as well as the last version 4.5.3.2 is the number I believe. I can send those files along via dropbox if you need them. If you send me your email address I'll upload to dropbox.

The reference files for my back won't work on yours, but I'd heard that the reference files are encoded in the back's firmware. I'm not an engineer, but it seems there should be a way to access them somehow, by reading the firmware. The software won't fully initialize the back without them. Don't know if they are required to install separately as with the newer backs (my guess is that they are required), but the newer backs require the CD with these files to be inserted before the back will initialize. Without them you're out of luck. The CD needs to be formatted for a mac and the files at the root level of the directory.

The software has a manual that includes instructions for the eyelike to go kit as well.

Have you tried contacting anyone at Jenoptic (the manufacturer) to see if you could get the files for one of the progres camera systems they still make? That's a longshot, but may be worth the effort. There may be some crossover to the legacy systems.

Last question - where are you located? Can you get access to dropbox? I'm in Washington State, north of Seattle near the Canadian border.

SebastianOakley

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 07:36:42 am »

Hi,

Very sorry for only getting back to you now, been a bit hectic as you can imagine with everything going on.

Answer to your question is NO. I have no software for it at all.

I will send you a quick DM now with my email for dropbow which I can get here in the UK.

Thank you for your advice about firmware I will have a look into this.

I did get in touch with Sinar who know own all the rights etc from Jenoptic and they could not find my backs software when i gave them the number, which was a shame but worth a try!.

Thank you for all your help so far it really does mean a lot!

Regards,

Sebastian

SebastianOakley

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 08:48:00 am »

*BUMP*

So far I have managed to connect my back, horseman body etc to my Powerbook G4 and I was given Eyelike v3 software but my mac keeping saying it does not have an application to run the files?

They are .22 files? - if there is anyone on here that culd help my i would be very greatful as I would love to get my back working and taking images again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up