Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC-PA271q or Eizo CG279X  (Read 1124 times)

SeanPerry

NEC-PA271q or Eizo CG279X
« on: February 09, 2020, 04:41:09 pm »

Hello. Will be adding new displays and do not have the opportunity to compare in person to the Eizo CG279X.

I have worked on a few of the NEC's. After reading through the threads on calibration and delta E with the PA271q, I have been able to achieve less than 1 delta-E average on the spectraview tracking. All seems to be working well, and overall happy with the display.

Would welcome feedback if you have experience with the Eizo – is there 1k with of value if in the budget? One small reservation was reading you still need an external device to achieve best performance, the internal was more for upkeep. Is this true?

Appreciate your thoughts and insight.

geneo

Re: NEC-PA271q or Eizo CG279X
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 04:54:32 pm »

I have the CG2730 - the 279X was not out yet. The built in calibrator on the 2730 is just good for upkeep, but the CG279X is supposed to be much better and good enough that you do not need an external device. I haven't had the experience with it though.

I really do like the EIZO, they are very accurate in color, contrast,  have great uniformity and viewing angle, and have film that eliminates light bleed similar to the NEC. I see a maximum dletaE94  of 0.5 in grayscale priority (which about haves the contrast since the black point goes from about 0.1 to 0.2), and over 1100 contrast in standard mode, where, except for black, the deltaE is less than 1. 

The profiling is much quicker on the EIZO than the NEC, and you can easily switch profiles in a matter of seconds. The screen also does not need to warm up for as long as the NEC for accurate color.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:09:26 pm by geneo »
Walk softly and carry a big lens

SeanPerry

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:01:34 pm »

Thank you @geneo! I had been planning on the CG277, and when they were not available went with the NEC. Now that the CG279X is available, reconsidering again. Good to hear how happy you are with yours.

geneo

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:23:22 pm »

Thank you @geneo! I had been planning on the CG277, and when they were not available went with the NEC. Now that the CG279X is available, reconsidering again. Good to hear how happy you are with yours.

Well, I don't know if there is 1k, that's very subjective. I certainly would have gone with the CG279x if it had been available at the time, I waited for quite some time for it after the issues I had with the pa271q, but decided the CG2730 with I1 Pro would be good enough for me - even though it has less features than the 279x for the same price (once you throw in the i1 pro). There was too many other things going on for me at the time so I didn't consider the cost differential was worth the worry.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:27:30 pm by geneo »
Walk softly and carry a big lens
Pages: [1]   Go Up