Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zeiss TS lenses SOLD! Hcam Master Tilt Shift EF-E adapter SOLD!  (Read 1938 times)

nazdravanul

• Stefan Iacob - visual artist
Zeiss TS lenses SOLD! Hcam Master Tilt Shift EF-E adapter SOLD!
« on: February 01, 2020, 02:51:35 pm »

For sale a set of 2 rare Hartblei Zeiss lenses. Using the optics of the latest iterations of the legendary Hasselblad Zeiss lenses, with improved coatings for digital, individually assembled in metal tilt-shift casings and calibrated in Germany, these retail for more than 4000 EUR + tax per lens, and they are normally built to order. The set consists of :

-Hartblei Zeiss Distagon 40 f4 IF, TS
-Hartblei Zeiss Makro-Planar 120 f4, TS
-HCAM Master TS, EF-E mount, tilt-shift adapter v2 (combined with the TS lenses, it creates a unique, fully working view-camera solution with independent front and back tilt / shift / rotations)
-Zeiss 86 + 72 UV filters on both lenses (have been there since  I bought the lenses as new)
-optional, removable, rotating, tripod mount adapters
-optional metal screw in lens hoods
-rigid carrying case

The lenses are in Canon EF  mount. I've used them adapted via the included adapter on my Sony a7r2 and via a Kipon adapter (not included in the sale) on my FUJI GFX 100 (they can be ordered from Germany in a variety of mounts, GFX included - the optics are identical). Sharpness is spectacular, both on 35mm and GFX medium format - at f8 they are indistinguishable from my Zeiss Otus lenses (no easy feat for many lenses), with full movements, on 35mm, and on the GFX they are slightly better than some GF lenses, with different colour rendition and higher contrast under various lighting conditions (I'm having a hard time replicating the Zeiss rendering of the blue on the GF lens, in post, for example).
Condition is excellent - impeccable glass, impeccable mechanics, really minor scratches on hoods or tripod mounts.

If you were to buy this set today, new, you would normally pay 10.000 EUR+ (before tax).
Final price: 2150 GBP for everything,  shipped, with fast, tracked courier included in the cost. Collection on a 100 mile radius, in the UK, around the Bournemouth area is also a possibility, of course.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:18:55 pm by nazdravanul »

nazdravanul

Re: Zeiss tilt-shift lenses - Canon EF, Sony E, Fuji GFX - PRICE DROP
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 05:17:06 am »

One more thing: these are not to be confused with the Ukrainean Hartblei optics that you can find on ebay. These are no cheap, Russian, "look" lenses.
These are sharp, precise German Zeiss optics, manually assembled in Germany, with German labour and German materials.
This is the company producing them (again, built to order starting at 4000 EUR + tax / lens):

https://www.hcam.de/en/optics-by-carl-zeiss.htm

The latest iteration of their lenses for Fuji GFX (same optics, different mount casings - I've used my lenses via the Kipon adapter on my GFX 100 with excellent results)

https://www.fujirumors.com/new-hartblei-zeiss-superrotators-for-fujifilm-gfx/?fbclid=IwAR3ueRqbEF-PYoLDLeZiep1EoRPHPdJBtjz4fp9qstInzvkouS3y0meUhno

On their Facebook page they even posted, a few weeks ago, an offer for a used Hcam Master TS for 700 EUR - identical to the one I've included in the kit:

https://www.facebook.com/HCamde-122001131245665/

For those interested, a lot of the images on my website have been made with these lenses - my primary medium is large format prints (1.80m by 1.20m or larger), the compressed website images only hint at the awesomeness of the lenses.

https://www.stefan-iacob.co.uk

The reasons for selling them are:

1. For my composite images I need matching lenses, in terms of colour and rendering; while I could do that easily on 35mm, matching these Zeiss tilt-shifts with my Zeiss Otuses,  Zeiss ZF.2s, and Loxias, on my GFX 100, the GF and Zeiss lenses have different colours and rendering (with the Zeiss lenses being more contrasty in various lighting conditions and rendering the blue differently - sharpness being at least on par if not  sometimes better,  with the best GF glass, at f8, where I do most of my work)

2. I needed the lenses primarily for flat stitching, to increase resolution, so not the typical TS usage - now on the GFX 100, due to the extra resolution, that need is greatly reduced

3.  I need the money - I'm a bit strapped for cash, currently (that's the main reason for the low pricing, no hidden catch, I just need them to sell fast)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:47:14 am by nazdravanul »

rastas

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 10:47:47 am »

Yeah, I've been waiting for ever too, ever since the first GFX came out. Fuji, please make a 24mm equivalent shift lens for the gfx.

nazdravanul

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 11:50:23 am »

Sample image + crops - 40mmm on the GFX 100, flat stitch with full shifts in all directions, export without sharpening from Capture One, basic assembly in Photoshop (to keep processing to a minimum - the image is not properly straightened and all sorts of defects are not fixed, to properly illustrate the lens / camera combo)
This is the Peace Pagoda, in London, a couple of months ago.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:00:22 pm by nazdravanul »

nazdravanul

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:53:50 am »

And the 100%  crops (I'm really fighting with the forum image limits to post these):

nazdravanul

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 11:56:28 am »

nazdravanul

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 11:57:45 am »

final ones

DCW

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 12:25:19 pm »

Is the HCAM shifter still available

Price dropped - now it would not make financial sense to buy even a used Canon TS lens, instead of these beauties (functionality, build quality and IQ being definitely in another league):

-Hartblei Zeiss Distagon f4 IF TS lens - 1100 GBP (all accessories included)
-Hartblei Zeiss Makro-Planar f4 TS lens - 1100 GBP (all accessories included)
-Hcam Master TS adapter - 250 GBP

Full set price: 2300 GBP

Price includes fast & tracked EU / UK shipping

nazdravanul

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 01:11:21 pm »

Is the HCAM shifter still available

Still available. I have a few people interested in either the full kit, or one of the 2 lenses with the Hcam shifter, or the Hcam shifter alone, but no firm takers, yet.
Whoever confirms and makes a payment first, gets to pick.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 03:30:30 pm by nazdravanul »

nazdravanul

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 05:35:07 am »

I will include worldwide free, fast shipping (DHL or UPS), in the cost - within reason, of course.

nazdravanul

Re: Zeiss tilt-shift lenses - Canon EF, Sony E, Fuji GFX - FINAL PRICE DROP
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 05:06:34 am »

Final price drop, breakdown per items:

-Hartblei Zeiss Distagon f4 IF TS lens - 1000 GBP (all accessories included)
-Hartblei Zeiss Makro-Planar f4 TS lens - 1000 GBP (all accessories included)
-Hcam Master TS adapter - 200 GBP

Full set: 2150 GBP
(for any other combinations, eg. 1 lens + adapter, lenses only, adapter only,  simply add up individual prices)

Free, fast shipping (DHL or UPS), included in the price.

Again, if you're thinking about buying a TS lens, it would make neither financial nor practical sense to get any other lens than these: IQ is comparable, if not better than most medium-format or high end 35mm lenses, and build quality + functionality are in another league.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:26:34 am by nazdravanul »

nazdravanul

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 01:59:55 pm »

The lenses are now sold!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:15:56 am by nazdravanul »

nazdravanul

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 06:15:38 am »

Hcam Shifter / Master TS adapter, EF-E mount,  still available - 170 GBP, shipped.

This will allow tilt shift for any EF lenses on the Sony e-mount.
Combined with a tilt-shift lens, it will offer the full functionality of a view camera, with tilt-shift on the back and front (no parallax errors for stitching, full range of movements).
These are custom built in Germany, they have splendid build quality, and the the new price was 1000+ EUR. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:19:39 am by nazdravanul »

nazdravanul

New price: 150 GBP for the Hcam Master TS - shipped.

nazdravanul

New price: 140 GBP for the Hcam Master TS - shipped.

kers

• Pieter Kers

If it was doing F-mount on Z-mount i would buy it in a heartbeat!
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

nazdravanul

New price: 120 GBP for the Hcam Master TS - shipped.

Later edit: this has been also sold.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:20:07 pm by nazdravanul »
Pages: [1]   Go Up