Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 panorama print issue  (Read 577 times)

vrkaya

P800 panorama print issue
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:44:20 pm »

I've had the P800 for awhile and its normally a very nice printer that does a good job, with the just the occasional "quirk". Today, though, I've run into a quirk that I can't figure out.

When I print a long print on roll paper I set the custom size for the roll to a couple inches longer then the image size and this has worked well for over a year now.  For example, just a few days ago I printed 3 prints that were each 16.75" x 38.5" so I set the custom size to 17x40" and had no issues. Yesterday, I did a print with an image size of 16.5 x 25" so I set the custom size to 17x27" - again no issues. I've been printing these things for some time now.

But today, I have an image that is 16.5 x 31.5" yet when I set the custom size to 17 x 34" the darn thing has 3 times now stopped printing about 2 inches from the end of the image..... which is not good. Between each attempt I went ahead and restarted the printer and the computer yet the problem persists....so needless to say I'm running through a bit of paper.

When the printer "stops" that close to the end of the print it just seems to "hang" and the light on the control panel just keeps blinking.... seemingly forever. Trying to press the Menu or Go Back buttons to see if there is some option to correct it does not work cause I get an invalid operation error message on the printer panel. I do not see any issue from the computer's end.... the print dialog just says it is "printing" and I even tried to "pause" the print and then "unpause" it the last time it happened and that didn't continue the rest of the print either.

I've made prints almost 10 feet long on this printer with this computer and I can't imagine memory now suddenly being an issue with a smaller print file.

So, any ideas....especially some way to get the print to finish once the printer stops and the panel light starts blinking? I've waited up to half an hour for it to continue on its own with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: P800 panorama print issue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 04:58:53 pm »

Could be a network problem.
USB best, Ethernet good, Wifi never ever use
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

vrkaya

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 08:30:31 pm »

Hi Bob,

I'm actually using a direct USB connection, which has always been my habit. I should have said that with my post and thanks for the reply.

Ron

mearussi

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 02:23:27 am »

Is your cable shielded? Did you add or move any electrical equipment around--crosstalk maybe?

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 06:42:56 am »

This may not apply to your situation but it has been a problem with Mac users on Mojave.
Lightroom
Printer
Presets: Default settings
This should clear the last paper setting. The printer seems to be going back to the preset paper length from the last print.
In your situation it still thinks you have 27" paper loaded where in fact you have changed it to 34"

This happens on my Epson 9900 and P8000 if I do not clear the preset with the default setting I get the last paper preset paper setting. (Only since I updated to Mojave has this been happening.)
If this is not it I am at a loss.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:09:45 am by dgberg »

vrkaya

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:51 pm »

Hi,
Cable is not shielded but it's also the same setup I've been using for a long time.

Thanks, Dan....I will try the reset to default settings.

Ron

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 11:53:59 pm »

Are you printing from Lightroom?  I have had a similar problem when printing from Lr to a P800, which does not seem to have an available solution.

I recently switched to a Ps based print workflow, and have not encountered any problems.  Maybe time to switch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up