Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One No Customer Service  (Read 2357 times)

BobDavid

Capture One No Customer Service
« on: January 27, 2020, 11:37:58 pm »

I've had no success getting a human to help reconcile billing/account issues. Frustrating, very frustrating. I hear PhaseOne split from CaptureOne.

Update: C1 got back to me and the matter has been resolved.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:11:15 am by BobDavid »

spassig

Re: Capture One No Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:26:44 am »

I've had no success getting a human to help reconcile billing/account issues. Frustrating, very frustrating. I hear PhaseOne split from CaptureOne.
A support case doesn’t help?
Where did you hear that?

Jochen

IanSeward

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 06:11:00 am »

Phase One / Capture One are owned by the same people.

Capture One grew out of Phase One's hardware business.  There are now two legal entities:

Phase One A/S and Capture One A/S both with the same registered office address.

Roskildevej 39
DK-2000 Frederiksberg

It looks like they are now operating as two separate business divisions.  This makes sense as the hardware (Phase One)
and software (Capture One) businesses are very different.  This explains the change in customer support as each business unit now has to have separate resources.

This is normal business practice and is likely to improve Capture One in the longer term.  This is also why Capture One suddenly started to support "competitors" medium format cameras :-)

With a dedicated management team focused on the software business it should allow Capture One to develop faster and deliver product enhancements.  However, inevitably whenever you have such reorganisations there will be teething problems and customer support appears to be the first one we know about :-(

Personally I thing this is a good move and look forward to the future, although, as I have already said, bumps in the road can be expected.

Ian

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:42:20 am »

[..]This is also why Capture One suddenly started to support "competitors" medium format cameras :-)[..]

This is the only incorrect sentence in your post. If there is any connection between the two facts, then it is quite the other way around.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 10:01:23 am »

If you purchase Capture One online from their eStore there is only online support portal available. Our experience is that support is quite good.

On the other hand, if you purchase Capture One from a reseller like Digital Transitions then you have our support (phone/email/skype/facetime/carrier-pigeon/in-person-visit), as well as the online support portal.

BobDavid

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 01:07:34 am »

I got a response from C1, and the matter has been resolved.

C1 is an indispensable part of my workflow.

spassig

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 01:19:44 am »

Phase One / Capture One are owned by the same people.

Capture One grew out of Phase One's hardware business.  There are now two legal entities:

Phase One A/S and Capture One A/S both with the same registered office address.

Roskildevej 39
DK-2000 Frederiksberg

Have the customer of hardware/ software receive an email with info of about the changing?
I don’t know.
I see now in www both.
PhaseOne.com
CaptureOne.com

Jochen

Avalanche

• Antarctica 2016
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 01:52:05 am »

I have had terrible experiences when contacting technical customer support with bug reports recently. It seems they have outsourced a lot of that work to guns for hire that seem like they have never even seen the product. If here is anyone around with contacts into Capture One, it would be nice to put me in touch.

spassig

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 04:14:53 am »

I have had terrible experiences when contacting technical customer support with bug reports recently. It seems they have outsourced a lot of that work to guns for hire that seem like they have never even seen the product. If here is anyone around with contacts into Capture One, it would be nice to put me in touch.
I cannot confirm this in Germany.
I use camera and software and have often contact to PO/COP.
Respond is very quick.
I don’t know international service or in USA.

Jochen

Avalanche

• Antarctica 2016
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 09:04:51 am »

I'm in Germany as well. This must have changed in the last weeks. Support was great in the past. Currently it is only text blocks. Sometimes they are in no way related to the initial support request.

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 10:15:55 am »

Yeah, they did a big reorg and changed support systems right around the launch of v20. For a while many people were not getting a response in under 7 days. That seems to have been fixed but it is not clear if they are actually reading the tickets and even when they do they just keep asking questions and never seem to come to resolution. At least that has been my experience over the last few weeks.

snations

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 02:06:46 pm »

Yeah, they did a big reorg and changed support systems right around the launch of v20. For a while many people were not getting a response in under 7 days. That seems to have been fixed but it is not clear if they are actually reading the tickets and even when they do they just keep asking questions and never seem to come to resolution. At least that has been my experience over the last few weeks.

My experience has been pretty much the same.  In the fall of 2019, support was prompt and relevant to the question asked.  Now it seems like they're stalling.  I have submitted two tickets since the beginning of this year and each time it appeared that my original email was unread as they were asking questions I had answered in my original email such as C1 version number, operating system version, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up