Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon printer decision  (Read 579 times)

Gittix

Canon printer decision
« on: January 27, 2020, 07:59:45 pm »

I'm in the market for a Pro - 10 or a Pro 1000. I am downsizing and stepping away from an IPF 6100 that has what I assume to be a bad head. Rather than to put money into it I'm just ready for something smaller anyway.

Why do companies play these pricing rebate games? I'm trying to decide on buying one before the current rebate offer at the end of this month or wait for the rebate big sale various retailers offer. I've been watching awhile with no luck. B&H, Adorama, Unique Photo, Midwest, Roberts, Procam - no luck.

Does anyone know if B&H will do a 30-day price match if I order and they go on sale later? This isn't something I have to have as I am only a hobbiest with the occasional paid gig. Just throwing a few things around and venting the pricing model of companies and retailers. Any input on sales, companies or the two printers mentioned will be welcomed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:54:28 pm by Gittix »

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon printer decision
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 09:36:56 am »

What is the largest size you'd be looking to print up to?  This will help to choose which model to go with.

Since the rebate is really based on Canon's end, it's hard to say of what will happen the next month.  B&H/Adorama (and whatever resellers that stock Canon cameras) qualifies for the paper and camera additions (more money back) while others that don't sell cameras, only qualify for the paper addition (rebate).  We all sell the printer at the same price per Canon and probably all ship it free within contiguous States.

You'll most likely see the same rebate (if Canon extends it the next month) with same money back unless they change the amount or don't offer the rebate for a month or so.

Hope this helps.
IT Supplies

stockjock

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 02:57:01 pm »

I'm in the market for a Pro - 10 or a Pro 1000. I am downsizing and stepping away from an IPF 6100 that has what I assume to be a bad head. Rather than to put money into it I'm just ready for something smaller anyway.

Why do companies play these pricing rebate games? I'm trying to decide on buying one before the current rebate offer at the end of this month or wait for the rebate big sale various retailers offer. I've been watching awhile with no luck. B&H, Adorama, Unique Photo, Midwest, Roberts, Procam - no luck.

Does anyone know if B&H will do a 30-day price match if I order and they go on sale later? This isn't something I have to have as I am only a hobbiest with the occasional paid gig. Just throwing a few things around and venting the pricing model of companies and retailers. Any input on sales, companies or the two printers mentioned will be welcomed.

Sale pricing and rebates on the Pro-10 seem to come along a lot less frequently than the Pro-100 and I'm not sure I've ever seen a big sale on the Pro-1000 though the rebates seem to be nearly constant. 

14 months ago Murphy's Camera in Louisville, KY had an amazing sale on the Pro-10 for $299 while there was a $200 rebate running.  After shipping I was able to pick it up for $145.  For some reason that sale pricing is pretty infrequent with the Pro-10 but they do happen.  I still haven't unboxed the printer LOL.

Depending on your needs and budget, the Pro-100 is a really good printer and sales on that are frequent and often well publicized on the printer forum on DPReview.com.  I think the days of being able to buy a Pro-100 for $59 after rebate are behind us but $79-99 is doable if you are patient and monitor the forums and big retailers.  I will caution you that the Pro-100 doesn't offer as wide a gamut as my Canon iPF8400.  I have no idea how the Pro-10 compares.

Gittix

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 07:38:37 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I actually just ordered the 1000 from Murphy's. Someone made the same recommendation on another board. They quoted me a better than advertised price on the phone then + rebate. Ordered yesterday afternoon and it's due to arrive tomorrow. Very pleased so far with the service so far.

Gittix

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 07:40:11 pm »

What is the largest size you'd be looking to print up to?  This will help to choose which model to go with.

Since the rebate is really based on Canon's end, it's hard to say of what will happen the next month.  B&H/Adorama (and whatever resellers that stock Canon cameras) qualifies for the paper and camera additions (more money back) while others that don't sell cameras, only qualify for the paper addition (rebate).  We all sell the printer at the same price per Canon and probably all ship it free within contiguous States.

You'll most likely see the same rebate (if Canon extends it the next month) with same money back unless they change the amount or don't offer the rebate for a month or so.

Hope this helps.
IT Supplies

Thanks for the help. I've ordered a fair amount of supplies from you over the years. You have always been timely and helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up