Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topaz Denoise AI v2.0  (Read 2941 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Topaz Denoise AI v2.0
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 06:30:44 pm »

I'm reasonably computer savvy, but installation of the OpenVINO Toolkit for Windows 10 looks fairly complicated. Are there any risks to installing it? If it goes wrong, can you easily back out, say by first creating a system restore point?

Hi Arlen,

'Intel OpenVINO' gets installed automatically with the various TopazLabs AI applications. The recent versions of these TopazLabs applications run a benchmark test on the first file that's opened after installation, to determine which of the settings produces the best performance, but one can also manually force the chosen setting to OpenVINO if so desired.

From an image quality standpoint, the CPU modes of operation seem to produce better results compared to the GPU modes. That is not a common tradeoff between CPU or GPU modes of operation, so it probably has to do with compromises in calculation precision in GPU mode as implemented by Topaz Labs. The addition of OpenVINO reduces the slower processing time for CPU mode.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Arlen

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 07:35:50 pm »

Thanks for the information, Bart. The reason that I assumed that one must install the OpenVINO Toolkit separately is because when I go to Preferences in Denoise AI, v. 2.0.0, the option "Enable Intel OpenVINO" is grayed out. Even though my processor is a 3.70 gigahertz Intel Core i7-8700K, which is on the supported list. Any idea what might be causing that?

Redcrown

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 09:46:25 pm »

Finally got around to it. 4 year old Win10 system V1809, I7 6 cores, GPU Nvidia GTX 960.

Denoise AI 2.0.0 sample test speeds:

GPU = 55 seconds, only 1-2 sec diff with memory low, med, or high.
CPU only = 140 seconds
CPU + OpenVINO = 25 seconds !!

Like others, I see obvious and measurable differences in results, with CPU stronger, more noise removal than GPU at identical settings.
CPU+OpenVINO results are slightly different than CPU only, but not significant. This makes no sense to me, but I'm no GPU expert and never heard of OpenVINO before.

Arlen: You have  to disable the GPU option to open up the OpenVINO option. It remains grayed out until you go to CPU mode.

Arlen

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 11:51:11 pm »

Arlen: You have  to disable the GPU option to open up the OpenVINO option. It remains grayed out until you go to CPU mode.

Ah, thank you. Not only did I have to disable discrete GPU mode, I also had to hit Reset. That did the trick.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up