Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro-1000 firmware 3.01/Driver update Baryta PhotoPaper  (Read 2138 times)

rick_k

Pro-1000 firmware 3.01/Driver update Baryta PhotoPaper
« on: January 24, 2020, 05:28:02 pm »

I'm going to ask this another way:

After installing the Firmware in my Pro-1000 and deleting and reinstalling the printer drivers I am NOT able to see the Baryta Photo Paper media type in the list of media types in the Printer LCD. When I check the media types in the Media Control Tool it does list Baryta as Registered in Printer.

Are any of you able to see the Baryta media type in the LCD panel on the printer?

MikeWhitten

Re: Pro-1000 firmware 3.01/Driver update Baryta PhotoPaper
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 09:30:07 am »

Hi - I just took a new Pro-1000 out of the box yesterday. Firmware is version 3.010. I cannot see Baryta under the top feed settings that is the first entry on the menu under the bar of ink colors. When I played around the Canon My Printer app on the PC where Baryta did show it told me the top feed was incompatible with Baryta paper.

That led to some digging on the printer menus and Baryta shows up under "various settings / device settings / paper related settings / (several of the sub menus under here)".

So it's there. Hope that helps.

Mike

rick_k

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:24:14 pm »

Thanks Mike. Mine is the same as yours.

So this issue is on that first screen only shows for Top Feed type papers and Baryta is a manual feed so you have to drill down to find those under Various.

Rick

MikeWhitten

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 02:04:36 pm »

Most welcome. These forums have helped me a ton over the years. It's nice to give back if only a tiny bit.

I've got a lot of re-figuring-out to do. I used an Epson 4900 for years (clogs finally killed it) and had my workflow dialed in with it. Now I get to learn a new printer!

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 02:58:07 pm »

Hi - I just took a new Pro-1000 out of the box yesterday. Firmware is version 3.010. I cannot see Baryta under the top feed settings that is the first entry on the menu under the bar of ink colors. When I played around the Canon My Printer app on the PC where Baryta did show it told me the top feed was incompatible with Baryta paper.

That led to some digging on the printer menus and Baryta shows up under "various settings / device settings / paper related settings / (several of the sub menus under here)".

So it's there. Hope that helps.

Mike
I had to update an OS drive and reinstall the print driver for the Pro-1000.  The driver is the same the current one and shows the new papers in it.  I updated the printer firmware last year shortly after it was released and I've double checked and the version is 3.010.  However, I cannot see the Baryta setting in the LCD screen.  I've looked at the directory highlighted above and it's not under any of the sub-menus (I never use the LCD display anyway).  I need to do some profiling of a new Baryta paper and don't want to do anything until I'm sure the print driver will work OK. 

I cannot reinstall the firmware as the Canon utility already recognizes that it's up to date.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 03:26:56 pm »

I had to update an OS drive and reinstall the print driver for the Pro-1000.  The driver is the same the current one and shows the new papers in it.  I updated the printer firmware last year shortly after it was released and I've double checked and the version is 3.010.  However, I cannot see the Baryta setting in the LCD screen.  I've looked at the directory highlighted above and it's not under any of the sub-menus (I never use the LCD display anyway).  I need to do some profiling of a new Baryta paper and don't want to do anything until I'm sure the print driver will work OK. 

I cannot reinstall the firmware as the Canon utility already recognizes that it's up to date.

The LCD shows only papers that can be fed from the top tray. If a paper (like the new Baryta) can be fed only from the manual tray it is not shown in the LCD. I don't know why. In any case it doesn't matter what paper is selected in the LCD. Mine is always left at the "Plain Paper". The printer prints with the selected paper type set in the driver.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 03:32:29 pm »

The LCD shows only papers that can be fed from the top tray. If a paper (like the new Baryta) can be fed only from the manual tray it is not shown in the LCD. I don't know why. In any case it doesn't matter what paper is selected in the LCD. Mine is always left at the "Plain Paper". The printer prints with the selected paper type set in the driver.
Thanks, that's what I figured.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 04:00:20 pm »

I think the paper setting has to show up in the LCD.  I just tried to print from the driver with the Baryta setting and it says "unspported Paper".  I think that the firmware did not properly install.  I guess I'll have to do some trouble shooting.

EDIT:  Turns out that the new papers were not registered with the printer.  I called Canon and they walked me through using the Media configuration tool and that solved the problem.  Don't quite know how this happened but things are printing now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:33:58 pm by Alan Goldhammer »

Doug Gray

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 04:33:02 pm »

I think the paper setting has to show up in the LCD.  I just tried to print from the driver with the Baryta setting and it says "unspported Paper".  I think that the firmware did not properly install.  I guess I'll have to do some trouble shooting.

There's an option in the driver to override the Pro1000's front panel settings. That's what I use with Baryta, matte,  and other papers and can confirm the override option works. I just ignore the paper setting in the printer.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 04:35:15 pm »

There's an option in the driver to override the Pro1000's front panel settings. That's what I use with Baryta, matte,  and other papers and can confirm the override option works. I just ignore the paper setting in the printer.
HI Doug, I just amended my post.  For what ever reason the firmware didn't register the setting correctly.  Had to use the Media configuration tool as per Canon Tech support.  Also none of the other new paper settings registered either but know how to do it now.

MikeWhitten

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 04:55:23 pm »

Hi,

I get not caring about the LCD.

But for my sanity - *after* you got done does baryta show up in the indicated sub-menus on the LCD? Because it certainly does on my printer, in the places indicated.

Thanks,
Mike

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 05:01:16 pm »

Hi,

I get not caring about the LCD.

But for my sanity - *after* you got done does baryta show up in the indicated sub-menus on the LCD? Because it certainly does on my printer, in the places indicated.

Thanks,
Mike
For some reason when I did the firmware update none of the new papers registered in the printer.  I tried to print using the Baryta setting in the driver and it would not print as the paper was not supported.  Don't know why this happened.  As I noted, I called Canon support and after being on hold for a while, the tech walked me through the steps to register the paper.  i had to update the Media Creation Tool and then it was very straight forward.  You need to have the Baryta setting in both the driver and on the printer LCD (which shows it is registered).  If you installed the firmware and it shows up on the LCD, you are good to go.

MikeWhitten

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 05:12:32 pm »

Ok, thanks very much.

I had a long and tempestuous relationship with an Epson 4900. So far my first days with this new printer are pretty sweet. It sure seems easy to use by comparison. Baryta is next up in my testing, thus my interest.

Mike

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 06:20:31 pm »

Ok, thanks very much.

I had a long and tempestuous relationship with an Epson 4900. So far my first days with this new printer are pretty sweet. It sure seems easy to use by comparison. Baryta is next up in my testing, thus my interest.

Mike
I had an Epson 3880 which was a solid workhorse until the switch valve failed.  Other than the glitch I've experienced, the Canon is a far superior printer.  It's much better built and I like the way it agitates inks prior to printing.  I've never had a paper feed issue at all.

MikeWhitten

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 07:53:22 pm »

Thank you Alan, that's good to hear. My initial impressions are positive. It's nice to believe I can expect those to hold up over time.

Mike

dkoretz

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 08:23:09 pm »

Interesting. I don't use the LCD on my Prograf 100 at all, other than to push the print button. I  control everything from the printing software and the print driver on the computer screen. 

I use Canson Baryta Photographique more than any other paper. The instructions from Canson are to set the media type in the print driver to luster. (I don't recall seeing a baryta option in the printer driver, but I haven't updated the driver.) Using the luster setting seems to work very well. Am I missing something?
Pages: [1]   Go Up