Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 9.1 Printing issue  (Read 1262 times)

KeithR

LR 9.1 Printing issue
« on: January 07, 2020, 07:14:04 pm »

First of all, I have had no issue in the past when printing from LR. This is the 1st time I have printed since 9.1 was downloaded. I have not made any changes to the printer (Epson 4800) since the last time I printed. I am trying to print a single image from LR but when I do, the first image in the folder comes up in the preview - not the one I selected. When I click on the image I want to print, nothing happens, the image does not change to what I selected. Checking the print que, it has ALL the prints from that folder set to print. I have checked all the printer settings and don't ever recall anything like that to select. I also have it set to show the print before it goes to the printer, but now it won't even do that.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
Re: LR 9.1 Printing issue
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:27:49 am »

Check if by mistake you have selected all the photos in that folder. In that case the margins of all thumbnails have to be light gray.
To deselect you need to click on the light gray margin of one photo. Delete all the files from the print que and chose again the file
to be printed in Lr. Sorry if it is to elementary for you.  :)
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

KeithR

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 09:02:15 am »

I had checked that twice to make sure that only one image was selected.

simon.garrett@iee.org

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 11:42:45 am »

PC or Mac?

I have LR 9.1 on my PC and can print OK without the problem you describe.  Other than the suggestion above about selecting multiple images I've no ideas, I'm afraid.

KeithR

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 01:02:46 pm »

I have concluded that this is an issue with LR 9.1. I pulled up the 2 images that needed to print into ACR in PS last night and had no issue printing though the latest upgrade to PS. I'm on the photographers bundle subscription so they both get updated at the same time. What I noticed when I tried to select a single image (in LR 9.1) was that the 1st image in the folder is what showed up on the monitor (no mater what image I selected). Looking at the printer que, it was trying to load all the images from the folder so that may be a reason as to why no images (or a delay) were seen.

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 04:33:29 pm »

That's very strange, Keith.

I printed all day yesterday from Lr 9.1 to my Epson P800 - on my Mac 10.15.2

I hope you find a resolution and share the fix.
Regards,
Ron

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 05:17:31 pm »

Try the good ol' Epson enema; if you're on a Mac:
   1.   Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.

2.   Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.   Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.   Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

When you go back to Print & Fax to add the printer, on 10.X I had to wait almost a minute before the IP version of the printer showed up, whereas the Bonjour one shows up right away. Then add the IP instance of the printer. This is for printers on a network.
Then re-install LFP Remote Panel if you use it with this printer.
NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

KeithR

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 06:59:38 pm »

I'm on a PC - WIN 10. As I stated previously I had zero issues before this latest update. I also mentioned that I ended up going through PS (actuality from bridge) pick the image from the same folder and had no issue going through the print dialog to make the print.
I say this is an issue with LR9.1 because even with the PRINTER TURNED OFF, in the print module I selected a single image from the folder (let's say  image #25 of 152 from the strip at the bottom of the screen) it's the first image in that file that is what is being displayed, not the one I selected. If I selected a different image (other than what I originally picked), it would switch to that image on screen. I then picked my originall image and it would display.  However even with the image displayed that I wanted to print, I turned on the printer, verified my printer settings and clicked print. (I have the printer set to show a preview before a print is made). At that point the preview appears but is not the image I selected but rather the 1st image in the folder. At that point I checked the print que and it states the image #  "+ 151 files". It's loaded the entire folder of images, not the one single image that I wanted to print!

Richowens

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 08:26:12 pm »

What do you have selected here?

Rich

KeithR

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 11:24:59 pm »

WOW! Do I feel foolish.  I don't ever remember seeing that and if I did,  I don't remember changing it in all the updates that preceded 9.1. I opened LR, went to the print module and sure enough all was selected. I made the change and the image I had selected was front and centre. I'll try making a print tomorrow but I'm sure that fixed my issue. Thank you Rich.
Now I'll mention one other issue that I noticed when I launched LR. When I clicked on the icon to launch LR, it opened in the usual way, the splash screen appeared and then the screen behind it,  then the splash went away. The usual sequence. Then a few seconds later, the splash screen appeared again, then clicked off.

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 12:58:57 pm »

What do you have selected here?

Rich
I have spend hours to recall where this setting was burried without success(trying to help), despite I had the same problem once!
Thanks!
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

canyonlight2

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 12:36:13 am »

Question for Andrew Rodney

Andrew,

Why do you say to install the printer drivers from Epson rather than Apple?

Many thanks,

Stan

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 11:47:37 am »

Question for Andrew Rodney

Andrew,

Why do you say to install the printer drivers from Epson rather than Apple?

Many thanks,

Stan
Because it’s the wrong print driver. 
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

BAB

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 06:43:30 pm »

yes re installing epson is correct completely remove all epson files and make sure to let epson set up the printer in the apple printers and scanners panel for you don't try to add it yourself.

Still printing from PS is much better in my opinion

I don't know why Epson makes it so difficult when new OS are uploaded.

Also Epson is great at walking you through the entire process and will stay on the phone with you until its completed.

Now if they could just fix their antiquated interface and add the ability to print larger than 70" without a rip (or at-least  tell you when selecting a print larger that the issue is the printer will NOT print an image that size without a RIP) and they should also inform their workers to ask the question what size print are you trying to make.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

canyonlight2

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 06:53:20 pm »

Thank you Andrew and BAB!

Stan
Pages: [1]   Go Up