Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to output edited files to the original folder automatically in C1  (Read 673 times)

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com

Hey guys,
is there a way to tell C1 to output edited files to the same folder as the originals automatically?
make that part of a output preset like you can in LR ???

any ideas ?
cheers
Stephan

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: How to output edited files to the original folder automatically in C1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:14:16 am »

Hey guys,
is there a way to tell C1 to output edited files to the same folder as the originals automatically?

any ideas ?
cheers
Stephan

Hi Stephan,

You can assign a user-preferred 'Output folder' by right-mouse-button clicking on the folder you want in C1's Library folder structure, and select 'Set as Output folder'.

When you work in Sessions that's no problem. I'm not sure if that will mess up a lot of things when shooting in Catalogs though (which I don't).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 12:56:26 pm »

Thanks Bart, I'll check that out

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 01:00:23 pm »

No, doesn't work in catalog mode...

DP

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 01:27:07 pm »

No, doesn't work in catalog mode...

and where your output goes in catalog mode ? if you can't direct it to the original folder with C1 in catalog mode you can always write some program (even batch/command file and then compile it) that will move the file passed as a parameter to the folder of your choice (or find the folder where the original raw) and instead of simply saving for example .tiff tell C1 to invoke that program... not elegant but shall work.

myotis

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 02:31:31 pm »

In the process recipe you are using you need to set the output location root folder to "image folder".

Cheers,

Graham

Ferp

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 08:01:18 pm »

In the process recipe you are using you need to set the output location root folder to "image folder".

I think this way of Graham's is the better way to do.  If you use Bart's way, you have to reset the output folder each time you move to a new folder of RAW files.

I confess that it took me a long time to work all this out and set C1 up the way I wanted to.  So let me clarify Graham's suggestion, at least as I understand it and as I have implemented it, because I found C1's options in this area confusing.  This is for sessions on Windows.

In the "Output" tool tab there is a tool called "Process Recipe".  It has a series of sub-tabs:  "Basic", "File", "Adjustments", etc.  Choose "File".  Then in the "Root Folder" option you select the "Image Folder" option.  That does what you want.

Further, if you want the processed TIFF/JPG in a sub-folder under the RAW folder, then specify that folder name in the "Sub Folder" option, e.g. "Processed", or "Output" or whatever.

If you want to systematically append something to the output file name for that recipe, specify it in the "Sub Name" field and then use the "Sub Name" option in the "Output Naming" Tool.

The reason I found all this confusing is that there is an "Output Location" tool in that tool tab, but as far as I can see, you can't use it for this approach.  There isn't the option to choose "Image Folder" in the destination option, you can only specify a fixed output folder, which might be what some people want, but isn't a flexible and general approach.  I honestly think that the output options are a bit of a mess in an otherwise excellent product.  Once you understand them they work, but it was far from clear and took me a long time to stumble across the "File" sub-tab.
Pages: [1]   Go Up