Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Processing images for outside printing service  (Read 1787 times)

Benny Profane

Re: Processing images for outside printing service
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »

Oh, ok, sounds like this process is pretty nailed down for you. I have to keep those people in mind, although I really don't want to go much bigger than my 17" printer.

Btw, nice website. Who do you use for a host? Does it look good on a phone?

SharonVL

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 03:20:31 pm »

Oh, ok, sounds like this process is pretty nailed down for you. I have to keep those people in mind, although I really don't want to go much bigger than my 17" printer.

Btw, nice website. Who do you use for a host? Does it look good on a phone?

Thanks, Benny! I use photofolio. https://www.photofolio.com/  They are more expensive than squarespace but also more customizable and their support is excellent. Im in the process of updating it - its been awhile.  ::)  It works well on mobile and you can customize for  mobile specifically.

GreggP

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 06:07:03 pm »

I have a calibrated monitor and profiles for all my papers to my Epson. I send larger photos to Digital Silver Imaging to be printed. I soft proof to my printer send this file to DSI and they send me a printed proof. The  results from the printed proofs I get back from them are always spot on. I have on only one occasion only had to adjust the proof for the final print.  I know some of you will faint over that method but it works in sending files to them. BTW, they are excellent printers and are always willing to work with you on getting the print you want.  www.digitalsilverimaging.com

Sharon

Does Digital Silver Imaging provide ink/paper/printer profiles so you can soft proof your images with Lightroom or Photoshop? I checked their website and didn't see anywhere to download profiles.

SharonVL

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 06:43:53 pm »

I don't know. I use the ones for my printer and like I said, it always works out. I think the most important part of it is having your monitor calibrated tbh and to soft proof the paper. Their prints look like my prints, just bigger.  ;D

Sharon

GreggP

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 06:59:59 pm »

I don't know. I use the ones for my printer and like I said, it always works out. I think the most important part of it is having your monitor calibrated tbh and to soft proof the paper. Their prints look like my prints, just bigger.  ;D

Sharon

But when you soft print with either Lightroom or Photoshop, you have to select a profile. If you are using one for your ink/printer/paper combination, then that's not soft proofing their prints, it's soft proofing yours. Right? I would think a more accurate soft proof would be possible if you were using a profile for their ink/paper/printer.

I use a Datacolor Spyder X to calibrate my display. The Picture Salon (the local printing service I'm working with) uses the X-Rite ColorMunki. I'm hoping that won't make any difference.

SharonVL

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 08:53:16 pm »

But when you soft print with either Lightroom or Photoshop, you have to select a profile. If you are using one for your ink/printer/paper combination, then that's not soft proofing their prints, it's soft proofing yours. Right? I would think a more accurate soft proof would be possible if you were using a profile for their ink/paper/printer.

I use a Datacolor Spyder X to calibrate my display. The Picture Salon (the local printing service I'm working with) uses the X-Rite ColorMunki. I'm hoping that won't make any difference.

Greg all I can say is the prints match perfectly. I have only had one printed proof from them that needed to be altered. Like I said, I think the most important part is having a calibrated monitor. If I wasn’t getting great prints, I would do it differently.

Sharon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up