Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Sicily, with Love  (Read 2240 times)

Rob C

From Sicily, with Love
« on: January 01, 2020, 05:30:37 am »

Happy 2020!

http://www.marcoglaviano.com/

I have his sirens of costasmeralda [sic].

Rob

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: From Sicily, with Love
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 09:15:04 am »

Happy 2020!

http://www.marcoglaviano.com/

I have his sirens of costasmeralda [sic].

Rob

Good old Cindy.

Sometimes I wonder if this kind of photography is completely obsolete or not.

It’s very woman unfriendly, you know. Woman as lust object is sooooo eighties.  :o

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:38:11 am »

Good old Cindy.

Sometimes I wonder if this kind of photography is completely obsolete or not.

It’s very woman unfriendly, you know. Woman as lust object is sooooo eighties.  :o

It's also the single most vital factor in the existence today of our species.

Whether all the PC changes, lifestyle choices and all the rest of the unnatural goings on of current times will end us as a species first, or whether it will come from worldwide industrial madness, crackpot religious groups, and/or simple hunger and thirst survival wars is a moot point.

Incidentally, I never met a beautiful woman who did not benefit hugely from her beauty and its natural exploitation. For some, it was the only card they held. But they all seemd to know when to play it. Which again shows a side of feminine intellectual superiority, or at the very least, of common sense.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:44:10 am by Rob C »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 10:41:55 am »

It's also the single most vital factor in the existence today of our species.

Whether all the PC changes, lifestyle choices and all the rest of the unnatural goings on of current times will end us as a species first, or whether it will come from worldwide industrial madness, crackpot religious groups, and/or simple hunger and thirst survival wars is a moot point.

Incidentally, I never met a beautiful woman who did not benefit hugely from her beauty and its natural exploitation. For some, it was the only card they held. But they all seemd to know when to play it. Which again shows a side of feminine intellectual superiority, or at the very least, of common sense.

There is, of course, a slightly difference in the exploitation of woman between let’s say an early ‘Roger Moore’ James bond film or Jane Fonda’s Barbarella and a Lars Von Triers Nymphomaniac.

I enjoyed them all, and brutally honest, for the woman in the film. Not more, not less. 😳

Damn, Charlotte Gainsbourg is probably not the most beautiful woman on earth, but she’s got it.  ;) 8)

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 03:24:03 pm »

There is, of course, a slightly difference in the exploitation of woman between let’s say an early ‘Roger Moore’ James bond film or Jane Fonda’s Barbarella and a Lars Von Triers Nymphomaniac.

I enjoyed them all, and brutally honest, for the woman in the film. Not more, not less. 😳

Damn, Charlotte Gainsbourg is probably not the most beautiful woman on earth, but she’s got it.  ;) 8)

Barbarella wasn't exploitation: it was promotion of Ms Fonda!

I certainly didn't go to the cinema to watch any of the Bond, James Bond gentlemen. It was to gloat that I had my bought-by-myself Submariner before Mr Connery got his freebie from Q. That was a big mistake: as you know, years later I was to pay for that moment of hubris. It always catches up with you in the end, though I hope this isn't quite the end yet. That said, mine must have been a cheapo: the bezel didn't saw anything at all, which is where the Invicta wins: its bezel saws your fingers when you try to move it. I must admit, though, that after extensive minutes of movement using the safety of the leather tongue from off an old shoe, it is easing off a little bit. Handy things, old leather tongues: as a boy, I found they made great pouches for the catapults that I was fond of making.

No, I am mistaken: the leather that's slowly taming the rhinestone came from the inner lining of a sole - shoe, not fish.

Interesting journey how we got here; I wonder if Mr Glaviano made catapults?

:-)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:29:05 pm by Rob C »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 05:16:15 am »

Barbarella wasn't exploitation: it was promotion of Ms Fonda!

I certainly didn't go to the cinema to watch any of the Bond, James Bond gentlemen. It was to gloat that I had my bought-by-myself Submariner before Mr Connery got his freebie from Q. That was a big mistake: as you know, years later I was to pay for that moment of hubris. It always catches up with you in the end, though I hope this isn't quite the end yet. That said, mine must have been a cheapo: the bezel didn't saw anything at all, which is where the Invicta wins: its bezel saws your fingers when you try to move it. I must admit, though, that after extensive minutes of movement using the safety of the leather tongue from off an old shoe, it is easing off a little bit. Handy things, old leather tongues: as a boy, I found they made great pouches for the catapults that I was fond of making.

No, I am mistaken: the leather that's slowly taming the rhinestone came from the inner lining of a sole - shoe, not fish.

Interesting journey how we got here; I wonder if Mr Glaviano made catapults?

:-)

My father learned me how to cut a suction cup out of a piece of wet leather and a rope. We pulled cobblestones out the street with the thing, which was not too much appreciated by the local feldwebel.

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »

My father learned me how to cut a suction cup out of a piece of wet leather and a rope. We pulled cobblestones out the street with the thing, which was not too much appreciated by the local feldwebel.

Why did you want to have handy cobblestones? Were/are you both revolutionaries?

Rob

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 02:38:02 pm »

Why did you want to have handy cobblestones? Were/are you both revolutionaries?

Rob

No, but we tried to collect ourself a driveway to our bungalow

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 04:02:15 am »

No, but we tried to collect ourself a driveway to our bungalow

A course of action which seems, to me, indistinguishable from theft.

Jeremy

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 10:00:17 am »

+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 10:13:08 am »

Quick, call the police...

...nah, on second thoughts, they're already here.

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 02:02:36 pm »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 03:53:32 pm »

Quick, call the police...

...nah, on second thoughts, they're already here.

;-)

I’ll tell you more. At a certain moment we had pulled out a nice pile of cobblestones. Enough for half the driveway. Suddenly, the Feldwebel arrived on his bicycle and subject us to a cross examination.
He asked what we where thinking to do with that pile of stones.

My father, not to shy to be inventive in his profit, answered:

“Well, Chef Champetre, this afternoon, we past this road and saw the holes in the pavement. Coincidently, last week, we paved our driveway with exactly the same stones and had cobblestones in spare. So, I said to my son, let’s bring them to the road and fill the holes.”
The Champetre turned red and screamed to us: “Do you think you can dump your leftovers on the public streets? Take your stones back on your lorry and make sure you don’t forget one!”

That’s how we got our driveway in genuine Flemish cobblestones.

8)

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 04:32:08 pm »

I'm not sure whether to be more surprised at your deceitful lying and brazen theft then or your astonishingly smug bragging about it now.

What utterly despicable, antisocial behaviour.

Jeremy

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 12:07:49 am »

:)
Despicable it is, Jeremy.
Eventually we got caught, and while we were contemplating about our asocial behavior, in the basement cell of the local champetre office, a stranger visited us. He said he could help us, and he did, good man he was.

He convinced the court it was not entirely our fault and large part of the causality was in the unlucky childhood of my father, and the deprivation I suffered. My father got some social guidance and help to build out his cobblestone company and I became a consultant.

End good, all good.

And we payed our lawyer in natura, a nice cobblestone paved gazebo at his pond.

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up