Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sigma 10-20mm and filters  (Read 2447 times)

willie45

sigma 10-20mm and filters
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:19:59 pm »

Hi

I have just bought the Sigma 10-20mm  lens and realised that I cannot use my cokin P size filters with it. These consist of Hi Tech ND grads and a Cokin polariser.

Can anyone recommend a filter holder kit which would allow me to use these without vignetting?

I am coming to the conclusion I need to save up for something like a Lee holder and adapter ( not much more expensive than the Cokin of similar size and cheaper than the Hi Tech ) and using 100mm Hi Tech ND Grads ( good quality and cheaper than Lee).

Ideally I would like to use a polariser that screws directly into the front of the lens, as I always found the Cokin type of thing a pain to use. The only problem is that I suspect that such polarisers would cause vignetting and unless there is an economical wide angle soluion, it seems unikely that that they will be feasible.

I know I could just go for the complete Lee solution but as I said the fiddling around with filters for the polariser is a nuisance and the expense is considerable. I would prefer to stick with this solution for the Grads only

Thanks for your help

Willie

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:51 pm »

Singh-Ray has 4"x6" GNDs, but they are very expensive.  Don't know if there is a holder that fits them.

Some use these hand-held against the front of the lens which avoids the problem with smaller GNDs of getting fingers in-frame.

http://www.singh-ray.com/grndgrads.html

Paul

willie45

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:28:22 pm »

Singh-Ray has 4"x6" GNDs, but they are very expensive.  Don't know if there is a holder that fits them.

Some use these hand-held against the front of the lens which avoids the problem with smaller GNDs of getting fingers in-frame.

http://www.singh-ray.com/grndgrads.html

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Paul

This filter is a bit out of my price range I'm afraid. I have been told that the Cokin Z pro holder with the Hi Tech 100mm filter will not vignette so I will probably go with that one.

Thanks for your help on this

Willie
Pages: [1]   Go Up