Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 x 19 inch portfolios/albums/presentation books  (Read 599 times)

Frans Waterlander

13 x 19 inch portfolios/albums/presentation books
« on: December 30, 2019, 12:18:31 am »

There appears to be a limited choice of 13 x 19 inch portfolios/albums/presentation books, particularly for landscape mode. Itoya, Prat and Dick Blick is all I could find. Bought an Itoya Original Art Profolio 13 x 19 landscape. Problem is, all pocket pages have ripples/waves that make the photos look crappy. Photos of other Itoya choices show these ripples/waves as well.

Any recommendations for 13 x 19 (landscape mode preferred, but will settle for portrait mode) products that don't have this nasty issue?

mearussi

Re: 13 x 19 inch portfolios/albums/presentation books
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 02:41:24 am »

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 02:00:52 pm »

mearussi, when you say "they are crystal clear and look much better" do you mean they don't have the slight texture (which doesn't bother me at all, particularly for matte photos) or do you mean they don't have the ripples (which makes my photos look crappy)? The photos on the Dick Blick website clearly show the ripples in the Profolio Advantage Presentation Books and the Polyglass Refill Pages.

mearussi

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 12:27:06 am »

mearussi, when you say "they are crystal clear and look much better" do you mean they don't have the slight texture (which doesn't bother me at all, particularly for matte photos) or do you mean they don't have the ripples (which makes my photos look crappy)? The photos on the Dick Blick website clearly show the ripples in the Profolio Advantage Presentation Books and the Polyglass Refill Pages.
They're perfectly clear as opposed to the regular Itoya slightly frosted pages. And I don't notice any ripples. I have both the horizontal and vertical 13x19 and am very happy with the results. The only thing I don't like is that they are exactly 13" and you can't fit a 13" paper in them without trimming about 1/4" off the 13" side.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 04:43:29 pm »

Thanks for the info, mearussi. Ordered an Advantage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up